December 31, 2020 --- Happy New Year's Eve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Well every year I usually eat herring at the stroke of midnight, because it's supposed to bring good luck for the new year. But who knows if it really works, because my luck generally sucks :P

1. Do you have New Year tradition? None that I can think of.
2. Do you have any additional traditions to share? Same mostly
3. Do you plan to make a resolution/goal for this year? To improve my life
4. What do you plan to do tonight/tomorrow? Stay at home and just relax.
5. Do you have anything on your mind you want to share? I hope everyone has a better year.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
My family used to always eat pork and sauerkraut for New Year's. (I always forget whether that's New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, or maybe it doesn't matter.) I am not doing that this year, but I hope to get out to my favorite pub when they open back up on Saturday to get a pork and sauerkraut boxty for takeout. That's their New Year's special every year for weekend brunch. Wish I could be watching Spurs there too. The early games are always fun to go out there for, and the match is at 7:30 am in my time zone.

Livelife

SF Supporter
Happy New Year everyone*hug
Went to bed early and somehow missed all the fireworks and gunshots that go off in the neighborhoods around.....so Yay!....I managed a good night's sleep :)
I cooked yesterday in the mix.....white bean soup, blue cornbread, cardamon cake, chai tea....now who's going to eat it all?? LOL. The dogs enjoyed having some cake and cornbread;)

Last edited:

kat319

SF Supporter
1. Do you have New Year tradition? I clean and get rid of clutter. Then, I burn some sage.
2. Do you have any additional traditions to share? Have black-eyed peas and collard greens with my New Year's Day dinner.
3. Do you plan to make a resolution/goal for this year? My word/intention for the year is courage.
4. What do you plan to do tonight/tomorrow? Cook, listen to music, read, watch a movie.
5. Do you have anything on your mind you want to share? Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! Thanks for all your support, Suicide Forum.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
A Happy New Year for all. :)

1. Do you have New Year tradition?

Hog's head with black eyed peas and cornbread.

2. Do you have any additional traditions to share?

Waking up from the rare hangover from staying up late and actually having more than one drink.

3. Do you plan to make a resolution/goal for this year?

None so far, but the year is young. :)

4. What do you plan to do tonight/tomorrow?

Stay up late and sleep late beyond that just relax until having to work again on Monday.

5. Do you have anything on your mind you want to share?

I am like Al Bundy, typically nothing going on in my mind. LOL

Last edited:

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for tagging me @Kiwi2016 & for opening the cafe! :) Happy new year everyone, hope it's your best one ever! :) ;)

1. Do you have New Year tradition?
Nah not really lol. I like doing the countdown when there's only a min left to go but not out loud, just in my head.

2. Do you have any additional traditions to share?
No sorry lol.

3. Do you plan to make a resolution/goal for this year?
Yup

4. What do you plan to do tonight/tomorrow?
I never do much of anything for new year's eve or day but I prefer it that way. Never been into partying or any nonsense like that, just kinda bores me to tears lol. So ya just relaxing, doing some things online & reading probably :)

5. Do you have anything on your mind you want to share?
Yess lots of things. I'm sooo happy and grateful for my friend right now it's not even funny. He gave me some cool gifts for Xmas and one esp. that I absolutely love so much which is a Star Wars book called "Creating the Worlds of Star Wars: 365 days" this is the book here: https://www.amazon.ca/Creating-Worlds-Star-Wars-Days/dp/1419707043
Mine has a diff. cover but it's the same book (I got the 2005 one that comes with a CD thing).
I'm also happy and grateful because I was finally able to tell him one of my biggest secrets which is just one of the oddest, strangest things about me (and maybe in the history of the world for all I know lol) and he said he didn't feel like it would give him nightmares for the rest of his life (major relief there lemme tell ya!) and also that compared to some things he's heard and read about that my particular problem is actually quite tame by comparison. The relief I feel about all of that truly cannot ever be put into words! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

swhny.png
(I didn't make this lol just found it in a search & think it's cool & well made) ;) :) *hug

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thank you @Kiwi2016 I love your list, these are my favorites:

Italy: Wearing Red Underwear
Japan: Slurping Some Soba Noodles
Greece: Pummeling Pomegranates

As for dropping ice cream on the floor, that just unnecessary abuse Switzerland, what are you even thinking!
Happy New Year my friend, hope it's a good one for you!
you as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00