Deciding to end a Relationship

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by to be or not to be, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. to be or not to be

to be or not to be New Member

I have been dating someone casually for about a year now. When we first started seeing each other, things were great.. the relationship was fun and we had fun together. Lately though, he just gets on my nerves and I don't want to be around him. I have been feeling sad lately, like I do right before the depression starts again. I have to fight myself to get out of bed and go to work, I start turning in late papers at college. And I can't get myself out of it. I would like to think that just ending the relationship would help with the sadness, but I know it is never that simple. And there arises another problem… actually ending the relationship. I absolutely hate being the one to end the relationship. Im not good at it and I always feel guilty for not being happy with the person anymore. Which in turn, could worsen the depression I am already starting to feel. I don't know what to do, I already feel miserable, and as I lay in bed I cannot help but think about what it would be like to end my life. I know the relationship is not the only problem, and its not the only thing causing the depression. I just haven't been happy with it lately and now I am concerned that it is going to make the depression even worse. SO, I am left wondering if the guilt of ending it or trying to stick with a relationship that just isn't working out is better, in terms of how it will effect my depression in the long run. I just want to finish this semester of school and still be able to get out of bed
    Don't Know what to do…….

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Talk to a councelor at your school now ok do not wait until you get worse. Let counselor know what is happening as they can help you with school work as well as your relationship problems that is what they are there for is to help students that are struggling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.