• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Decision moving forward

dandelions

me
SF Supporter
#21
hi @sadhart . I spent my childhood before high school with zero friends. I had one friend in high school due only to his friendliness. that ended when hs ended. same in college with a few people. I'm nearly 72 now. never had friends and always been lonely as s88t. but over the last couple years, as I began my gender transitioning, I began to meet people who are like me. not workplace people or classmates or neighborhood peeps but people who share so many similarities. for once in my life I am comfortable with myself and the people I choose to be close with. and I don't try to talk the way they do. we all just talk the same.

I am not saying to be trans. being trans is only for people who are trans. there may be no one at a work place who is like minded. or maybe that kind of situation may not always allow like people to gravitate toward each other.

I am of the persuasion that there are no absolutely singular and totally unlike anyone people. I don't know how it is done. I followed my heart with transitioning and was delighted to find similar people to me who have become friends. I never suspected that trans people had anything in common with me. it was a surprise to me. I don't think I'm just lucky. I think there is a way to friendship that can be stumbled upon and found - as elusive as it may be. 👽
 
Last edited:

dandelions

me
SF Supporter
#22
and I need to add that these people I've met may be similar but at the same time so many so different too. I kind of think similarity only plays in if the combination is right. what that is, I don't know. maybe it is the similarity difference combination happening at the right time. 👽
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#23
and I need to add that these people I've met may be similar but at the same time so many so different too. I kind of think similarity only plays in if the combination is right. what that is, I don't know. maybe it is the similarity difference combination happening at the right time. 👽

I'm sorry that yu struggled for so long to make connections with others, but I'm glad you have been able to do so now.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#26
I've been reflecting on my life recently. I have a lot of guilt and shame I struggle with coming to any kind of terms with. I want to try getting this stuff out, like on paper, but every time I try,I find it difficult. People like my mother think getting over the past is like a light switch, and maybe that is for some, but not for me. Yet,I know it isn't good to be so hindered by padt hurts like this.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top