Deep dark depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Kelsi, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelsi

Kelsi Account Closed

I have been deeply depressed over the last few months. So much so that my girlfriend ended up leaving me. She said I pushed her away. Shes right, I did. I love her soooo much. I never got the chance to tell her, until she had already left. She didnt live with me, but she was here most of the time. She helped me decorate my apartment. We were dating when I moved in I cant sleep in my bed, I cant hardly sleep. When I do sleep its in the living room. Also she picked up her things on valentines day.

She was the only person who knew me and accepted me for who I am. Until I started getting depressed about a month ago. I dont know anyone around here. Im a few hours away from all my friends and family.

I feel so alone right now. Ive been crying since she left. That was a week ago. I feel so helpless and useless. It doesnt help I dont have a job and Im not in school right now. I hate this depression. When it shows up it rapes my life. Stealing all my friends and putting me in a blackhole. Im just so tired of feeling this way. Im beginning to feel suicidal again. I dont know what to do. Im 32. I thought I would learn to deal with this by now. But when it comes, its as if Im a different person. I need help.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes you do need help call your doctor and get some medication get therapy for your depression so you can be strong again and maybe get back with your girlfriend you need to get well call for some help don't fight it alone

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

how are you doing today?
    I agree with Violet..you can't do it alone....talk to your doctor and be honest...tell him how serious this is for you....your girlfriend may return if she knows you are getting help...

4. Kelsi

Kelsi Account Closed

You guys dont understand. I dont have a doctor to go to because I dont have the money to go see one. I have no one to talk to. It feels like my mind is slowly being sucked out of my head anymore. Im not sure how much more I can take.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Okay then go to the hospital if you don't have a doctor and talk to someone in the emergency dept go to a walk in clinic and talk to a doctor there get on some medication get some therapy from councillor You need to talk to someone Is there a university nearby that can give you free councilling they do that the students that are taking psychiatry that are finishing will give free help call around yur community and see what resources there are group therapies anything don't fight this alone okay and keep reaching out here we will listen

6. Kelsi

Kelsi Account Closed

Thanks I might look into these. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.