delusions and anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mpang123, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I am suffering from psychosis where I'm having delusions from obsessing over a couple at my group therapy program. I keep thinking about them day and night. I can't get any relief and I'm consumed with thoughts about them. I want to get some relief from this mental torture but I think the only way out is to overdose and be unconscious or even kill myself so I won't think about them anymore. I feel so alone, embarrassed and guilty for having such thoughts about them. It is not normal and I don't know what to do anymore. Can anyone relate or have suggestions? I'm getting quite desperate.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Psychosis and delusions are not "normal" - but they are nothing to be embarrassed about and they are not something you should have to, or even should be able to, deal with alone. Please see your doctor as a matter of urgency and explain in as much detail as you can. Or take yourself to the hospital and explain to a doctor there. If you are suffering from psychotic delusion then a doctor is your best option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.