• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Depersonalisation attack ?

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#1
I have been feeling wierd all day. I woke up feeling really wierd and nervous. I don't feel like me anymore as though I'm not real. It's hard to explain. I used to smoke cannabis a very long time ago, and what I am feeling is like a similar feeling to being a bit stoned. I think it is something called depersonalisation Or just severe anxiety. I'm tired of this shit.
 

1Lefty

SF Supporter
#2
I have been feeling wierd all day. I woke up feeling really wierd and nervous. I don't feel like me anymore as though I'm not real. It's hard to explain. I used to smoke cannabis a very long time ago, and what I am feeling is like a similar feeling to being a bit stoned. I think it is something called depersonalisation Or just severe anxiety. I'm tired of this shit.
Hi -

I'm sorry you're experiencing that feeling,
What you describe sounds unpleasant,
I can understand being tired
I hope your day gets better

*console

peace
 

BarryW

SF Supporter
#4
Hey Paul,
On very many days I have woken up and felt extra bad (or sometimes extra good) for unknown reasons. Some of the feelings I now recognize and realize it will go away in a few hours, or it won't go away until the next day. A lot of feelings go away after a night's sleep for me. Here's hoping that the bad feels disappear sooner rather than later.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#5
Hey Paul,
On very many days I have woken up and felt extra bad (or sometimes extra good) for unknown reasons. Some of the feelings I now recognize and realize it will go away in a few hours, or it won't go away until the next day. A lot of feelings go away after a night's sleep for me. Here's hoping that the bad feels disappear sooner rather than later.
Thank you.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#10
Hey Paul,
On very many days I have woken up and felt extra bad (or sometimes extra good) for unknown reasons. Some of the feelings I now recognize and realize it will go away in a few hours, or it won't go away until the next day. A lot of feelings go away after a night's sleep for me. Here's hoping that the bad feels disappear sooner rather than later.
Thank you.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#11
I have been feeling wierd all day. I woke up feeling really wierd and nervous. I don't feel like me anymore as though I'm not real. It's hard to explain. I used to smoke cannabis a very long time ago, and what I am feeling is like a similar feeling to being a bit stoned. I think it is something called depersonalisation Or just severe anxiety. I'm tired of this shit.
If I understand this right, then it is something that just happens to me when I'm not expecting it, when I've been stressed past my limits for a certain amount of time. I guess it is a severe anxiety, but think it's more; like a part of me goes into hiding in my mind.

I hope it has passed now @Paul1963 . I hope you can get some rest, and good food and companionship. Here, you are not alone, and there is good support.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#12
If I understand this right, then it is something that just happens to me when I'm not expecting it, when I've been stressed past my limits for a certain amount of time. I guess it is a severe anxiety, but think it's more; like a part of me goes into hiding in my mind.

I hope it has passed now @Paul1963 . I hope you can get some rest, and good food and companionship. Here, you are not alone, and there is good support.
Thank you so much for your kind words. It is definitely an anxiety thing that just comes on suddenly from out of nowhere. And I think you are right about reaching a point where you have gone beyond your stress limits over a certain period of time. The brain just does its thing to protect itself I guess by doing certain strange things. I'm still feeling a bit weird but not as bad as before. It will pass eventually. Take care, and thank you.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top