depressed and lonely

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I think that my depression is because I'm lonely. I wish I had friends I could share my passions with. Like anime, horror films, manga, kpop etc. The people I know don't really like that kind of stuff, or can't really share it with because they have other priorities like kids and a life...

I feel so sad, I'm trying to socialize and go out. Just not really working out for me...that and I'm poor...

it's just so painful to be alone all the time. And it's not like I can fit in anywhere either...
  2. MisterBGone

I feel the exact same way... I should charge you with plagiarism. But I won't. ;) Take care & keep looking. Eventually you'll find someone that clicks! :)
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there,

You don't need money to socialize, is there a community center near you? Public library? Park? Any lakes, or places to go out walking that are safe?

You could also trying the sites online, the friendship ones, just be careful. We are always here for you too. Loneliness is such a horrible feeling, a few years back I wouldn't even have been able to say hi to a stranger, now I can initiate conversations with anyone, I approach it in a joking manner to keep it cool! I'm twice the person I used to be!

You will get there, keep trying! No giving up honey.

Oh and it sometimes gets to me that I can't be as close to my older sister as I'd like to be as she's always doing activities with her daughter.
  4. I'll be your friend, I love anime and manga ATTACK ON TITAN IS THE BEST!!!!!! and deathnote, bleach, -_-@naruto um... Vampire Knight was really good, I am starting an online Anime Fanclub soon, if you are interested, i'll be going to a few upcoming cons and i love to cosplay, and direct so i will be directing live action films soon on my youtube channel, I love anime soooooo much my life would be incomplete without it. and WOLFS RAIN was one of the best too lol. Im tommy, pleased to meet you.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

It can be difficult making friends IRL especially as people tend to make their friends mostly at work/school as you're stuck together most of the day. But if you don't get along well with the people you're around most of the day then it can be hard.

There are many options though. I found that only getting along with one person and meeting their friends opening up a whole new group of others. And even if you don't get on that well with the original person, it's worth making the effort with them even to see where that takes you/find out who they introduce you to :)

Keep trying, there are plenty of people out there with similar interests to you - I have a couple of friends who love that stuff, and even though I'm not it doesn't stop us being friends :)

6. snogo

snogo Well-Known Member

Hello morning rush, I like anime, manga and basically many foreign language productions.

Do you attend anime or cosplay conventions? Just one of the few venues I can think of where you might be able to befriend people with similar interests. Just don't give up.

Just a bit of sharing here, people who don't share your interests can be potential friends too. As long as they are not put off by it, you can share some of your favourites based on what interests them - action, romance, etc.
  7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

anime and cosplay convention are expensive. And I want friends who have similar interests, I already have a friend who doesn't. I want one I can go to the movies with, and listen to the same music and read the same things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.