Depression and madness

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DrNick1010, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

I'm having a relatively good day in the sense that I'm not feeling suicidal and even though I'm alone right now, I'm not afraid. I am feeling depressed. Whenever I get like this, I am completely unmotivated to do anything, even leave the house to go get food. I've also noticed that I spend an obsessive amount of time online and time slips away from me. Another thing I've noticed is that I have small hallucinations, momentary glimpses of people entering the room, feeling presences around me, or seeing black spots in my vision. If I sit for too long, my mind wanders into fantasies that are vivid and frightening, like a waking dream. I feel like I'm losing my mind. It can be very difficult for me to tell the difference between reality and dreams I've had. Is this normal for depression? Or is it the beginnings of schizophrenia? Sometimes I also feel bipolar, depressed for long stretches of time and then unable to control myself in laughing. Is this symptomatic of a larger condition or is it just psychosomatic? Do I need immediate medication or is stuff like this relatively normal for depression?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.