depression forever?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emmbnm, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmbnm

emmbnm Member

I remember being on this site when I was 15, 9 years ago. And I'm STILL depressed. I would have never thought that. I feel more and more hopeless as I get older. At least back then I believed that things would get better someday, I believed in love, I believed that someday I would get married and be happy. But no life still sucks. Never in my life have I felt such hate towards people. The more I experience the more I realize people are liars and they will hurt you eventually. Will this misery and depression never end?? I feel like I've been through so much, I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You do deserve to be happy as does everyone hun and i am sorry you are still down Not all people are liars hun but i do know how hurtful it can be when people do lie hugs to you

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi emmb - I do sympathise with your outlook completely, which is why SF is such a safe place to be, where the likelihood of what you describe happening is not very high on here, where we are all finding ways to move forward and integrate the past and try to make sense of it (as well as the present). The thing to remember is that it's not what life does to us, but our response to it, that determines the likely outcome. Life can be pretty awful because of the cards some of us have been dealt, but we are totally able to learn how to play these cards to the best we know how, without chucking them on the floor ... (I use that as an analogy only because when I play a favourite card game with hubby who wins it most of the time, if my hand is unfairly stacked and his isn't - I have been known to throw the cards at him, lol!) Then I realise, perhaps I could have had a better reaction :)

We get what we dwell on, that's the way life is.......if I dwelt on how the cards were dealt I would miss the enjoyment of the game, which I find always increases when I have a better attitude, and there's no one who can do that for me, except myself. Blessings and strength, urP

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

you're right, you deserve to be happy. Maybe you can do stuff that make you happy? take yourself out, or do stuff you enjoy?

I can relate to a lot of what you said, I've been depressed since I was a kid and I'm 31 now, I've had therapy for 15 years and I'm still depressed...among other things...but I try not to give up...it's hard but doable, take it one day at a time and if you feel bad, know that tomorrow is another day...try to change your mood with stuff you like, or read funny stuff, watch funny videos, go out etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.