Depression is a funny old thing...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dante, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante Well-Known Member

I have found that the shortest path to depression is feeling trapped in an unacceptable situation, however, my unacceptable situation has almost entirely vanished overnight, at least for a month or so, and my mood has taken a wild upswing as a result, but depression is never that easy, I can feel the gentle tug of depression trying to bring me back down, my mind so used to being miserable and so set in it's ways of pain that it is naturally gravitating back to familiar territory.

I know that with some effort I am in a position to beat this, but if its all going to fall apart again in 1 month no matter what I do, then should I really try?

I suppose rather than trying to recover like all is well I should instead use this calm to prepare for the next battle, the next misery, to set up every last defence and coping mechanism I can find, every last excuse, every last uplifting thing; to assemble my army of goodness and strength for the oncoming storm.

When the enemy is regrouping, you dont rebuild, you regroup and rearm, only a truly stupid tactician fails to prepare for the 2nd charge, but now that I know the nature of the enemy, perhaps I can prepare for it.

Nikie, Husky and MisterBGone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.