Depression & St John's Wort...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by titanic, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone on here has tried them? They seems to work for me. Or at least I think so! If peeps on ere tried em for three months I wonder what the outcome would be... whether there would be any improvement or not?!

Be careful though because they do interact with other medications, so always check first.

http://www.hypericum.com/toc.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
  2. willgethere

willgethere Well-Known Member

I used them and they were great, i found they worked wonders for me. I used them for about 7 months, but then I had mild depression, since then the situation got worse and they don't help when it gets to a certain level, and I was taken off them and put on AD's.

I used them with other alternative therapies and found they went hand in hand with each other.

3. titanic

4. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

can you this stuff from the chemist/pharmacy?

5. titanic

Yeh, I got them from the chemist.

6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hypericum perforatum. It's an herb available just about anywhere in the U.S. For that very reason, I guess that if I were going to try it, I wouldn't settle for less than this company's careful formulation. (Note "a major review of the efficacy of St. John's Wort cautioned that the pharmaceutical quality of various preparations on the market may vary considerably" from Wiki.)

:smile: ToHelp

7. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Not sure just what it is other than a philosophy ("green exercise"??), but love the Walking for Health idea!

ToHelp

8. titanic

Thanks for the tip! :smile:

9. titanic

And hopefully help to motivate people. :smile:

10. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I dont know if its just me, but when i started taking these a while back ago, i wasnt able to sleep at night. Meh Idk.

11. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Well - you see there? Goes to show, like our (U.S.) Dr. Deal Edell is always quick to remind the public out there snapping up vitamins and herbs:

"Natural" ain't always harmless. To the degree St. John Wort may have had effect, it may also not have been right for you. Or might have been too much - who knows. :)

ToHelp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.