Depression with suicidal feelings

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Lone, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone

Lone Member

Hi, I'm new on this but I am feeling so hopeless and helpless I just cannot cope. Both my parents are dead my mother in 2011 and my father in 2007 I was a carer for them in the family home where I have lived for the last 57years. Unfortunately my parents will's were badly worded and my father's wrongly administered so an awful mess, i have three sisters and the estate is divided between us. Probate for my mother was granted in November 2012 and since then two of my sisters have insisted the house is sold, this has to be done but I need time I have no idea where go and although I understand that the house cannot be sold without my agreement one sister has taken it upon herself to put the house on the market. This has really upset me, she will not listen and inspite of being given antedepressants to help with my depression I can see no way forward as i have no skills and nothing but a black future being dominated by a demanding sister. Life is hell.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Welcome Lone, you describe a hellish situation for anyone to be in. Dominating sisters can be thwarted. PM me if it would help.

3. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Hi Lone, I'm so sorry for your loss(es) and the weight life has placed on you. I'm afraid it was the loss of my Mum that sent me into my worst spiral of depression...it is such a cruel fate to have to deal with the loss and sorrow while trying to manage estates and our day to day existence.

I hope you can take heart and know that, even though you feel this isn't true, you do have skills. You have something to contribute. You have been the one to care for loved ones. You did things every day that your siblings probably have no clue how to do. You have life skills that will serve you well when you have the energy to consider next steps.

I imagine things feel really bleak at the moment. Do what you feel up to as you feel up to it. The most important thing is to take care of yourself. If it helps even a tiny bit, know there are others who understand and wish they could give you a hug and whisper "everything is going to be alright."

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun she cannot do this get some legal advice ok so she stops being so dam forward and works with you hun not against you. You get legal help ok

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi Lone,

My dad had a similar issue previously. When his dad died, his will was so complicated and it was kind of a split will where his mums and his dads will tied in together. My dads mum is stil alive so things got complicated. But all the 3 children and their mum had to agree on selling the bungalow and if it was a split decision it had to go to probate (I think, but it didn't go that far). I think that if you yourself are living in the house and you do not give your permission, they cannot sell it as it is your place of residence. You will need legal advice, I'm no expert and I don't know the ins and outs of what happened with my dad, but these badly worded wills and common and although difficult they can be sorted out with a good solicitor.

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Lone. I cannot give better suggestons than those already given. I am so very sorry that your mom and dad have passed. Probably still grieving over the paswsing of your mum. And then your sisters put the home you are living in on the market to be sold. No wonder you are so upset. I do hope you can find good legal advice so you can figure out what power you do have in the situation. I personally do not see how they could sell the home you are living in if you are part owner. On the list of top stressors in life, death of a loved one and moving are in the top 5.

You can have a support system here. I think you have come to a very good and supportive community. I hope you also have a local support system of some kind. I am very sorry you do not have sisters who are supportive to you. I am glad you are here. Sending safe and supportive :hug: s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.