Depressive phases?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lost_in_a_fairytale, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_in_a_fairytale

lost_in_a_fairytale Active Member

I am kind of tired for the past couple of years of going through the cycle of feeling fine and then slipping into depression it always comes back. I'll have a break for a few weeks, maybe even a month or two but then it's back again. Sometimes it's mild and I can still function, other times it's been severe where I feel pinned down in bed, don't eat, can't talk, don't really react to anything, can't get washed/dressed etc, everything seems pointless and suffocating, think of suicide, feel empty/hopeless/numb or like my own mind is torturing me....again even the more severe times only last about a week or so until they gradually fade out into milder depression than back to being alright again. I've never been to a doctor, I feel nervous to, especially as I'd have to go alone (family shrug off depression, don't take it seriously even when I've opened up about it). This cycle feels emotionally exhausting and it annoys me. What do you think a doctor would do? Is it worth trying to go or just wait it out and hope it goes away over time?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

A doctor can help you by prescribing you some meds to keep your levels of serotonin correct and so you won't have the up and downs all the time It won't hurt to talk to your doctor ok don't try to wait it out get some help for you
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Yeah know what youre talking about. Some people go thru those times. Just give a doctor a shot and see if med would help even it out for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.