• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

DID... What to do if person meets the criteria and doesn't want help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsphyxiateOnWords

Pretty rhymes break angels.
I literally just realized this today and now everything else makes sense too, but the other identity is very aggressive and violent, and he still doesn't want any treatment, he says. So, totally lost as to what to do.

Innocent Forever

Go as long as you can. And then take another step.
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
Is there anything you can do?
It's never you who can do anything.....
The person, it's okay if it's only one alter, wants help, they can get help, but no one can ever change another or get another to get help. and yeah, I do know how hard that is in real life, to step back in that way. I don't think I know to the extent you experience it, but in many ways I do know.
Sending loadsa courage and strength your way.
You inspire me.

AsphyxiateOnWords

Pretty rhymes break angels.
Is there anything you can do?
It's never you who can do anything.....
The person, it's okay if it's only one alter, wants help, they can get help, but no one can ever change another or get another to get help. and yeah, I do know how hard that is in real life, to step back in that way. I don't think I know to the extent you experience it, but in many ways I do know.
Sending loadsa courage and strength your way.
You inspire me.
Well, I did read some stuff about it. And there are some things I can do in the sense of not making certain stressors happen that trigger it. A friend also suggested to keep track of the dissociation: mark down what day they happened, how, why, etc. I guess psychiatric help may or may not be a moot point anyway. It can't really be treated with medication, only psychotherapy. But same thing is true for what I got diagnosed with, and I ended up working to change it myself better than they could. I'm just learning everything though at this point, so I guess as time goes on, I'll find out more about what situations/things are stressful to him. Thanks, E. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00