• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Dilemma

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#1
Hi guys. I have a slight problem.

I have been a member of this forum for years, with the vast majority of that extremely unstable. I've had periods of stability but never for long. Last year I was in hospital and got on a meds combo that worked with little side effects. From then until now I have mostly been stable. I've had a blip, but the psychiatrist increases my medication. It's great, my symptoms have died back down.

However I now have issues. My memory is non existent. I feel a bit disoriented at times. My speech is scrambled. It's difficult working with these issues.

I don't know what to do. I am stable for the longest I've ever been but should I just shut up and put up with these side effects?

Advice needed.
 

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
#2
Have you talked to your psychiatrist about these issues? That seems like a good starting point... getting a professional opinion. Just wondering if there are any exercises you could work through, maybe with a therapist, to try and counteract those side effects. Like memory exercises...?
 

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#3
Have you talked to your psychiatrist about these issues? That seems like a good starting point... getting a professional opinion. Just wondering if there are any exercises you could work through, maybe with a therapist, to try and counteract those side effects. Like memory exercises...?
I've not spoke to pdoc. I normally rely on my CPN to speak to pdoc but she seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. I have tried reaching out several times
 
#5
That seems like a good starting point... getting a professional opinion.
I think this sounds good
I normally rely on my CPN to speak to pdoc but she seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. I have tried reaching out several times
You might want to tag other UK members if you're not sure how to deal with a non-responsive practitioner. There may be some methods of getting her attention, or going around her.

If it were me, I'd try using Chinese medicine to (gradually) reduce the level of medication needed.
 

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#6
I've not spoke to pdoc. I normally rely on my CPN to speak to pdoc but she seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. I have tried reaching out several times
I'm assuming you are under a mental health team? Could you call them? Or ask your GP to call or email your psychiatrist or team for you?
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#7
Please contact the prescribing physician as soon as possible. Any length of time with those side effects is too long.

Prescriptions, by their very nature, are for limiting or ending our problems.

When they start to create problems, the medicine and the patient have to ne re-examined before more harm is done.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top