Disgusting. (trigger)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I'm literally too fat to ride the exercise bike for more than 3 minutes without getting winded.

I'm so disgusted at myself.

I wish I were brave enough to purge but I'm not.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun don't look at it that way hun look at what you are trying and accomplishing ok you go on the bike and you stayed on it 3 minutes more then i would of Next time do 4 min ok just keep doing small steps Good for you hun for trying h ugs
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

The key is to take baby steps. Start at 2 minutes, next day do 3 , then 5...etc. Also eat healthily, plenty of fruit, veg, fibre. NEVER be disgusted with yourself. :hug:
  4. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

Everybody here is right. So what if it's only 3 minutes? Soon it will be 5 minutes, later on 10, 20 and 30 or more.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

There's nothing wrong with only going for 3 minutes...it's better than no exercise at all. And it's best to gradually build up to a routine, because if you over exert yourself too quickly, that won't be good for your health. So please don't be so hard on yourself, and keep trying :hug:
  6. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I used to be able to go 30 minutes straight every day. Then I put on all of this blubber and I can't even do three. Getting well is overrated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.