Dissociating almost stopped now..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jimk, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Dissociating has been my safety net for about 60 years..stuff I could not face and deal with my body and mind ran away by dissoc.. Been a couple months now since last real dissoc event..still have occasional onslaught of night terror dreams and flashbacks after fighting to consciousness. But not the checking out and alter totally taking over..

The dissociations have lessening for years now. From a kid when spent more time checked out than time in the here and now.. Early college yrs at least once a day.. This continued for years.. The past coming back ant terrorizing me with flashbacks and my system running away the only way I knew..

This continued until about 12 yrs ago when got Tara for my therapist.. This dear strong person over time finally got thru to me that I was safe now.. And with her help that became my reality most of the time. She retired about a year ago.. Her spirit is still with me by just thinking about her and there she is in my mind and body..

This morning I had night terrors, then the flashbacks but no dissociating.. This is new is a bit scary for sure.. No running away for hours.. Just me to try and bring order to the chaos..

Am a bit scared!!!

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

this thread seems to not be showing up as posted so adding to it in the chance that will show up now.. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.