Dissociations really seldom now

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jimk, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Age 5 or so started dissociating just cause could not stay in present with what was happening to me, with a good doc's help got out of their at age 17..thank you.

Past events have a nasty habit of still coming back and upsetting everything sometimes..that was my life until about 14 yrs ago when got new therapist Tara.. She added greatly to my definitions of word help..

She has been retired for couple of yrs now.. She with me in spirit as just thinking of her puts her with me now..

So much in me has changed for the better..she did this for me.. We'll now of all the dissociations and lost time when an alter was running the show is now maybe one dissoc event in 6 months or so.. Used to be daily

Maybe after all this time they are maybe just about done??

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

That's great news jimk! :) I'm so glad that you were able to get the help you needed and that things are so much better for you now. It's really nice to hear stories about good doctors and therapists. So happy for you, :hug:.

3. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Thank you jimk, this is good to hear :) I hope they have disappeared for you as well. I do not have any personal experience with this but I am happy to hear that things may improve for us all with the right support.
    Thank you for the morning music as well.
    :freehug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.