Divorced after 32 years, no children, alone, fearful

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by RetiredSusan, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetiredSusan

RetiredSusan New Member

I have been stuck for 4 years and i just cant get unstuck, can anyone give some clues as to why I am so paralyzed?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...maybe this is a good time to speak to someone IRL and begin to regain your power...there is no better gift you can give yourself than your self-worth...please tell us what is going on as well, as being in a community of people who care can also serve to give you a voice

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Glad you are here, Susan. The stages after a divorce can be very difficult. As Sadeyes said, reclaiming your power. Maybe this would be a good place to start. by talking. If you want. It is a pretty safe community in which to talk about what the challenges have been. Then hopefully you will be able to figure out what the next move will be to begin to reclaim your life and power in a new and better way.

4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Welcome Susan, grief is devastating and change can be terrifying. Paralysis can be a way of coping. I'm with Sadeyes and Flowers you're showing that you're ready to start by coming on here. Reaching out irl for help in your journey is a good option to consider,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.