Do I have a disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by AfterFact, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

Over the past few months I have been pathologically attempting suicide. Most of the time I dont even know what I did until after the fact. I have attempted suicide about 12 times not counting my little experiments with a pillow(suffocation). Do I have some kind of disorder, because I just can not explain what has happened to me these past few months.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

To admit you are in that much pain would be very brave...it is more important that you seek help than have a label...whatever is the underlying cause should be treated...you deserve a better life! big hugs, J

3. AfterFact

Unfourtunly I dont think help is option right now.

4. Dasher83

Dasher83 Member

There is always help,
    You just have to look around a little to find it. For example this website. Here are hundreds of people who may not know exactly what you are going through but can unerstand and empathise with your pain.

Try venting on here.

Other than that there are doctors, care workers, help lines, charities, organisations.....The list goes on and they all want to help, they all want you to choose life over death. We all do.

5. AfterFact

How can you want me to choose life over death when you dont even know me?

6. Dasher83

Dasher83 Member

Because i don't really want anyone to die, especially by committing suicide.
    I don't know you so i don't know any of your percieved faults of failings, but you are on here so there is a part of you that wants to open up, so do, tell us what is wrong and people will listen.

Even if you don't tell anyone in your real life, think of this as an escape.

7. AfterFact

Sorry for my outburst earilier.

I ended up telling me mom part of the truth. So im going to get help now.

8. Dasher83

Dasher83 Member

I'm so glad you have told your Mum, try to be completely honest with her though.
    13 is such a young age to be going through what you are and things will get better.
    You just have to trust people, most won't judge and the ones that do are ignorant.

Take care little buddy, let me know how you are getting on!

9. AfterFact

Im not telling parents about my suicidal tendencies yet, they do know that I am depressed though. I will tell my therapist though.

10. Dasher83

Dasher83 Member

Good man,

Just tell them in your own time, don't rush anything.
    In the mean time if you ever wanna just talk feel free to contact me, i'm a good listener!

11. AfterFact

Thanks, I might just take you up on that offer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.