Do I have bpd?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Yoyogirl86, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Hi All
    First let me introduce myself to you :)
    I am Ellana and I am 27 years of age and I have had various things happen my life that has caused my mental health to detoriate and become unwell. I am curently suffering from depression and anxiety and also my pyschatrist is 100% sure i have BPD as i am showing the symptoms, for example the feeling of emptiness, the erracic changes in mood one minute I can be really happy and i want to do everything and the next I'm feeling depressed, empty, apathetic and often suicidal. I also had very low periods where I have done various things on impulse without thinking of the concequences. I also split, one minute I am really loving someone one and worshiping the ground that they walk on and then five minutes later I am hating their guts and deleting them off my facebook account, with no apparent trigger and I also have abandonment issues where, I am literally phoning my bf and best friend G every minute of the day as well as being really clingy with people and then next I am telling to leave me alone and this has caused a lot of problems in my relationship and friendships with people as they don't know where I am coming or going.
    I hope to hear from you soon
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

The only person who can answer this question really is your psychiatrist. They spend years of training and studying, who also know your case so I would trust their judgement. If you don't feel this is the correct diagnosis then you can always get a second opinion.
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

h Ellana. I do agree with Butterfly. Only a psychiatrist is qualified enough to make a dx that is likely correct. Do you have any feeling if she is correct? Does her diagnosis feel like it fits for you? BPD used to be considered not so treatable. But that has changed. Now, with specific counselling and dedication to healing, great progress can and will be made.
  4. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Hello Ellana. As everyone has said, only your psychiatrist can diagnosed Borderline PD. But if it makes you feel any better, I had symptoms of BPD, what my psychiatrist at the time diagnosed as BPD Traits, and I got better through a therapy made especially for BPD called DBT, which stands for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. I no longer self harm or think of suicide, or have mood swings, etc. But I am also on a mood stabilizer, which has helped a lot. BPD is now quite treatable, and I wish you the best of luck with your treatment whether that is your diagnosis or not.
  5. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

They also say I could be suffering from Shzoid personality disorder as well as i have always had quiet life and I have moved schools and colleges quite a lot over the twenty years or so.
  6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

It sounds like you are dealing with lots of painful stuff. Are you taking medication for the schzoid personality disorder? I think that condition can be managed better with medication. i do want to tell you that whatever you deal with in terms of diagnosable conditions is not WHO you are. Nor is it your fault. Sometimes people blame themselves for whats wrong. It is your challenge. But it is not who you are. And it is not your fault. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.