Do I Have Some Emotional Disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by One Great Name, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've thought I knew why I wasn't feeling well for a while, but I wonder if there's more to it. This morning, I felt legitimately happy, I was being positive and thinking I was finally getting a little more order in my life. Everything seemed okay, but a few hours ago, when someone pointed out a simple, unimportant mistake I made, something seemed to snap in my mind and I began to feel horrible about myself. Over a tiny thing I should have forgotten a minute later, I fell into self-pity and disgust for what I've done with my life. In the middle of this, I had a headache start thumping, which I've noticed happening more often when I don't feel well. The reaction was unreasonable and I could see that. It's a little embarrassing thinking about it now. Do people with mental health problems ever have things like that happen? I want to understand what's going on in my mind...

2. I know what you mean. I can be triggered like that too. I am bipolar (hence my user name) but I also have borderline personality traits (not the full disorder) and that also makes me react to things more strongly than I should. So it does happen, often for me. I am not saying that you have one of these (I am not a professional) but I can say from my experience it does happen.

Everything will be alright. You are asking the right questions and taking a step toward getting better (and yes I think it is possible to overcome mental illnesses)

3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I can't say whether or not you have a disorder, but maybe you should ask a therapist or psychiatrist about this? It's worth having a look at.

But I'm sorry you felt that way and had to deal with this. And know, you realizing and seeing these patterns is a great strength, use it to fight against it!

*hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.