Do looks matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACRon

Arent all of them are symbols? I can get into really deeper.

Detailedness is part of my expression
but good use of the language we all agreed on isn't part of your expression? you are as deep as your own imagination wishes to take you.

Keep on here if you wish, because i am fullly aware of what you need to get by, and it ain't tropicana (another advertisement?). makes me think....

I am curious to know how the world of baseball is getting along, last i heard half the players were getting banned for use of performance enhancing drugs.

I ask of English debate what most of North America ask of psychedelic drugs! carry on, in your incomprehensible way, when I hear something that applies to more than the starry eyed materialistic fantasy you live everyday I will respond in kind

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bostonensis

good use of the language we all agreed on isn't part of your expression? you are as deep as your own imagination wishes to take you.

Know this. /Language/Good use f language never invented nor is known to my human brain .Can you tell us where & what is a ZYX language are? Let us not get into the bad language yet ,just where in the middle first, as I can feel you are insinuating that my language is incomprehensible (bad) to your imagination. Let us begin from here.

Tropicana is not a juice ,neither a coloring to me.:laugh:

ACRon

good use of the language we all agreed on isn't part of your expression? you are as deep as your own imagination wishes to take you.

Know this. /Language/Good use f language never invented nor is known to my human brain .Can you tell us where & what is a ZYX language are? Let us not get into the bad language yet ,just where in the middle first, as I can feel you are insinuating that my language is incomprehensible (bad) to your imagination. Let us begin from here.

Tropicana is not a juice ,neither a coloring to me.:laugh:
:laugh: is this guy a genius or what? well, atleast you are having fun. I'll let one of your friends answer your questions because you bore me

Anonymous2

Yes, looks do matter. It is apparent from reading all the post that looks do matter. Some people seem to condemn others if they look stereotypically attractive, while others seem to condemn people if they look stereotypically unattractive. The truth is, the cliché “Don’t judge a book by its cover” works both ways. Of course, everybody knows not to judge other if they look stereotypically ugly, but we also must make sure not to judge other if they are stereotypically attractive. It is not any more justified to make assumptions about a stereotypically attractive individual than it is to make assumptions about a stereotypically unattractive individual.

If you read the above paragraph, you are aware that I used the phrase, “stereotypically attractive”. Why did I use this phrase? Because I do believe that “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. It is true that there are some general physically attribute that most people find attractive; however, the more specific appearance attribute vary significantly from person to person. When I talk with acquaintances at work, we often disagree on what ladies are or are not attractive. Some the ladies they find attractive, I think are ugly, while some of the ladies I find attractive, they think are ugly.

When individuals claim they don’t care about looks then say they like fat ladies who don’t wear make-up or nice clothes, they are contradicting themselves. Concern for looks does not only apply to stereotypically attractive ladies. If one is attracted to stereotypically unattractive ladies they are still exhibiting a preference.

I think most decent human beings would say that one’s heart is the most important aspect of one’s character….and I, of course, would agree with that statement. However, the questions was NOT do look matter more than any other aspect of one’s character?....the question was simply, “Do looks matter?”

S

Sycotic_Sarah

Looks do matter to me. Though I'm ugly no matter what, I do try my hardest to make myself look decent. Most girls I'll ever meet will probably say they do matter, my sister says hers do, my female family relatvies most of 'em say theirs do, my friends who are females says theirs do, most of 'em course, some may not, some... but, most women and men even think their looks matter ALOT...

Esmeralda

Yes, looks do matter. It is apparent from reading all the post that looks do matter. Some people seem to condemn others if they look stereotypically attractive, while others seem to condemn people if they look stereotypically unattractive. The truth is, the cliché “Don’t judge a book by its cover” works both ways. Of course, everybody knows not to judge other if they look stereotypically ugly, but we also must make sure not to judge other if they are stereotypically attractive. It is not any more justified to make assumptions about a stereotypically attractive individual than it is to make assumptions about a stereotypically unattractive individual.

If you read the above paragraph, you are aware that I used the phrase, “stereotypically attractive”. Why did I use this phrase? Because I do believe that “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. It is true that there are some general physically attribute that most people find attractive; however, the more specific appearance attribute vary significantly from person to person. When I talk with acquaintances at work, we often disagree on what ladies are or are not attractive. Some the ladies they find attractive, I think are ugly, while some of the ladies I find attractive, they think are ugly.

When individuals claim they don’t care about looks then say they like fat ladies who don’t wear make-up or nice clothes, they are contradicting themselves. Concern for looks does not only apply to stereotypically attractive ladies. If one is attracted to stereotypically unattractive ladies they are still exhibiting a preference.

I think most decent human beings would say that one’s heart is the most important aspect of one’s character….and I, of course, would agree with that statement. However, the questions was NOT do look matter more than any other aspect of one’s character?....the question was simply, “Do looks matter?”
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00