Do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worlds edge

One of the ways I measure how depressed I am is to the extent I care about what is going on in the world. Let's call what I use to measure this my give-a-fuck-o-meter. Lately the needle has been jammed all the way on the zero setting. Ain't no response. I don't care about (in no particular order) Iraq, Sudan, the high price of gasoline, the caperings of Britney Spears, the latest swill vomited out from the Bush Adminstration, that my property taxes that are going up by some absurd percentage this year, and the fact that I can't seem to bring myself to pay our bills, despite constant nagging from the wife.

I guess on one level this is bad, seeing how I'm rather less that a concerned citizen of late. But on another, I'm starting to wonder if this isn't all bad. As in I'm rather like a badger retiring to its den to lick its wounds before it rejoins the fight.

Thoughts?

M

MrDepressed

I would agree with you on the badger annolagy.. many times through out my years I have had to wait out the jammed needle of the give-a-fuck-o-meter.. normally I like to be brushed up on the happenings of the world and do a lot of reading and video gaming, but when that needle jams I dont even wanna load a videogame, none the less gettin out to take care of life.. I think it is a refresher for us most of the times.. I dont know about you, but usually when I get back into things when the needle starts its move again I come back with a vengeance..

Erebos

I agree. Apathy is wonderful. Nothing in the world seems to matter. Though it's still quite interesting how these retarded news gossips about Britney Spears' bald adventures still permeate through my life despite by efforts to ignore what goes on in the world. It just goes to show how far the media can reach.

immure

Account Closed
i think its fine until u compramise the saftey of others pay ur bills keep the monkeys on ur back to aslittle to none if u can then get a real rest and come out and then the ones u love will still be there safe.
just speakin from the other side.noone really cares that ur down in the way that its not ok they just care when there own worth is thrown to the wind when they r still trien and coverin for u. speakin from personal experience. the other side.

L

letdown

I usually measure how depressed I am by this too. However, when the needle is stuck at 0, it does mean I've reached rock bottom or am heading there very fast (very suicidal).

Last edited:

darkrider

Seems these days i don't give a fuck about anything in the world, sounds awful but i've started to despise most people anyway deep down. I just do what I have to do to move forward but i dont know why i fkn bother im so misrable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't give a shit about anything because I don't have to. How many times I've tried to let people know I care about them, I wanted to be good to them but in-fucking-vain and after all these I've turned into Mr. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00