do you ever just feel emmotionless?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ramino, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramino

Ramino Member

i mean, like you just been told great news and it appears to have absolutely no effect on you. Earlier to day i was informed that my granda (who previously was diagnosed with lung cancer) was given the all clear and i felt nothing, its as if he is nobody to me. Im becoming so engrosed in my own problems, which now infact seem so pathetic. Whats happening to me i used to be such a happy, and even funny person, now im just a dull emotionless psychopath.. as it would seem.

2. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Feeling emotionally numb alone would not make you a psychopath. It's sometimes just the way we deal with extreme pain. I'm sure many here have dealt with emotional numbness. I know I have from time to time, especially lately. It doesn't mean we've stopped caring. :hug:

3. Ramino

Ramino Member

thanks BlackPegasus, i think thats what i wanted to hear... i was kind of worried cause i used to have severe depression. i took a year out before university to 'sort myself out' but if anything all the free time has just given me time to discover the bad things about myself and am life in general.. im not suicidal, i feel i dont care enough about anything to kill myself, supose there one gud thing out of it all :mellow:

4. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Yeah, for two weeks in December I was empty. I spent most time in bed. I felt no hunger, no pain, no feelings, no urges, nothing.

5. butterfly12274

butterfly12274 Well-Known Member

I'm empty as well. Sometimes things like "lets stab him" pop up in my mind, it's really odd. When I get a compliment, I don't feel any happier. ...

6. TryingSoHard

TryingSoHard Member

i feel this a lot, complete apathy. nothing phases me, i could see something beautiful or something terrible and neither would make me feel anything. its worse than feeling pain because at least you know you are human. its good that sometimes you feel bad for reasons. nothingness just makes me feel like im not me, its the worst feeling there is

7. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Im going to have to repeat "TryingSoHard"s wording, 'complete apathy'. Your not alone on this one, I feel the same way alot of the time.
    And In response to Defumar, are you referring to those strange impulses that just pop into your head. Things that are obviously crazy like, "I should through that man threw that window." If so, I have them too. Sometimes they worry me, the twisted things that pop into my odd little mind.

8. butterfly12274

yeah, strange twisted impulses. They are usually the opposite of what I want to do but they keep popping up

9. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

The impulses do concern me. I've seen this from the outside so only seen the results and not the cause but it may be a good idea to tell your doctor about it. We all get such thoughts sometimes but we quickly dismiss them. When they come regularly and might get more insistent I'd seek some help before it gets worse.

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I suppose I'm an emotionally numb person. I guess that's why nothing bothers me. It's good on one hand, because you can accept life with all of its struggles and problems, but on the other hand, when someone passes away, I don't feel much sadness for them. Could there be something wrong with me?

11. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Possibly. I don't think I'm ever going to act on them. And I've lost all faith in doctors of all sorts. I know people who have become very ill (and one case death) because the advice given to them by 'professionals' that was incorrect. Anyways, the only person I think I'm a real danger to is myself.

I wouldn't really call it a good thing. Emotions are what make us human, and to not have them only makes me feel farther away from everyone else. We should care, we just don't. But, I s'pose your looking at the bright side of things, and that's a good thing, I just can't say Im in agreement with you on this one.

12. butterfly12274

Ditto. I don't have much faith in doctors anymore, they just don't understand. The only one who can save ye is yourself but our minds are so blurred it's just by sheer luck we can recover :\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.