do you feel like your a tick box??

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
Do you feel like a tick box exercise?

There are many excellent members of staff who work within Mental Health Teams in England and Wales, there are also many that are living on another planet that existed decades ago.

I empathise that you have a difficult job and are mandated to follow procedures and fulfil directives from the NHS and that many of you do your best within what I say is an outdated and unhelpful system.

I only speak for myself, I am a human being, a person and I have a name, I am not a tick box exercise that appears to allow you to absolve any responsibility.

I speak from personal experience and I hear many stories where people have to fit unhelpful criteria to receive the help that I and others require.

The latest appears to be that you are not deemed worthy of support unless you admit that you are going to harm others. It appears to be acceptable to harm yourself and kill yourself and its goodbye.

Please see people who have mental health issues as people, with a name, who have fears and hurt and suffering.

Thank you

LOSTINSIGHT

HI i agree with your frustrations .
https://www.madinamerica.com/ ....this is a site that challenges the main stream psychiatry model .it should help with your frustration to hear another point of veiw.
Disclaimer: dont diagnose yourself off any articles and be cautious and dont take advice from anyone without consulting a professional.I see the irony but i need to put this in .
Peace and take care.

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
Do you feel like a tick box exercise?

There are many excellent members of staff who work within Mental Health Teams in England and Wales, there are also many that are living on another planet that existed decades ago.

I empathise that you have a difficult job and are mandated to follow procedures and fulfil directives from the NHS and that many of you do your best within what I say is an outdated and unhelpful system.

I only speak for myself, I am a human being, a person and I have a name, I am not a tick box exercise that appears to allow you to absolve any responsibility.

I speak from personal experience and I hear many stories where people have to fit unhelpful criteria to receive the help that I and others require.

The latest appears to be that you are not deemed worthy of support unless you admit that you are going to harm others. It appears to be acceptable to harm yourself and kill yourself and its goodbye.

Please see people who have mental health issues as people, with a name, who have fears and hurt and suffering.

Thank you
honestly the last two second paragraph i really get,it is kind of the reason why i am the way i am now plus my mom. she has always told us don't tell the doctors everything everything as they will get you on medication and medication is a black spot on health records. i agree with her still though. well so i do not know how medical procedures in the UK work but in where i am (US) what a therapist have to do is, ask if you feel suicidal or want to hurt someone. then they notify you that they have like a suicide hotline or something ready to prevent you, or tell the police 'just in case' you are going to harm someone. so basically i do get time to time get the urge harm someone well more like the feeling of cutting into something soft. i kind of would love to talk about my suicidal feelings but i feel like that phrase just puts a label or something on me and makes me feel uncomfortable to talk about it

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
medication and medication is a black spot on health records
This is such bullshit. Medication is confidential. Suicide is also going to be a black box on your heath record so if you need medication then go do that, okay? Don't listen to this stigmatizing bullshit.

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
This is such bullshit. Medication is confidential. Suicide is also going to be a black box on your heath record so if you need medication then go do that, okay? Don't listen to this stigmatizing bullshit.
i have realized after like 2 years, once i get a therapist i am thinking about telling them all these feelings

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
what i hate is with my Private medical insurance and with my life insurance policy, because I am on a anti depressent and have a "label" my premiums are much higher because of this, even thou my condition is managable on a daily basis im paying more because of this marker on my health records

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
what i hate is with my Private medical insurance and with my life insurance policy, because I am on a anti depressent and have a "label" my premiums are much higher because of this, even thou my condition is managable on a daily basis im paying more because of this marker on my health records
i see, well i don't know why but i feel like I need to explain myself. so basically my mom is kind of from the social culture where its more like social life is most important and its kind if like you can't just "oh my daughter is taking meds because she is suicidal", because then it would be like oh you said you have "happy family" so why does your daughter need meds? kind of thing and the spot is more like ok hmm how do i say this it's like this we cant afford constant meds and doctor visits because copays gets really expensive and kind of like a negative patch and because i did have therapy and took meds all through middle school well (i stopped talking the prescription time to time though) would've been good if i listened to them but all i saw it as same questions different people. plus it isn't a good sign if you take meds for mental health they diagnosed me with Adhd which i agree with. so ya i don't mean to say being suicidal and getting medication for it is a bad thing it just looks bad when you have it from a young age 'kind a like' oh what's wrong with that child or something like that

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00