Do you hate/dislike Facebook?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by milo001, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milo001

milo001 Active Member

As the title said. And do you still using it? If not do you want to delete your account?

My answer:
    Yes
    No
    Yes

2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I have no feelings about Facebook at all, I am totally indifferent towards it. I have never been on it. I will probably never be on it either.

3. VagabondVinny

VagabondVinny Member

There's really nothing wrong with Facebook; it's usually just the people who use it. (I mean; even though all the notifications I get are annoying..)
    I don't like Facebook, really, since I'm not using it any more and I would delete it but; eh.. Every now and then I kind of need it.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't use it, but I still have an account...really no idea why. May deactivate it soon, because no one replies to anything I post there, or ever talks to me. They probably wouldn't even know if I died.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

donlt like it don't use it deleted my acct

6. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

I found Facebook very annoying and duplicitous- constantly changing privacy rules etc. I quickly got hundreds of 'friends' yet never felt so alone in my life. Deleted my account and avoid such nonsense now.

7. milo001

milo001 Active Member

I know right. I have not even spoken a word to some of my "friends".

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Deleted my account last year and have been better off without it

9. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I do not like Facebook at all. I've gone this long without it, I think I'll manage just fine without it.

10. milo001

milo001 Active Member

I have not using it for 5 years but my problem is my sister is using it 24/7. It just makes me worse because I have no friend at all.

11. nararabbit

nararabbit Active Member

I use Facebook daily. I keep up with my family, who are scattered all over the country. I am also phone phobic so I can message and write on their wall to keep in touch (plus email of course.) I also play Farmville with my mom and dad as a quick pick me up. I have I think 70-80 friends, but only people I know well in real life. I don't need strangers knowing my business.

12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I recently began a 21 day spiritual healing intennsive. 7 thousand other people are taking it. They have a private group of facebook which is profoundly supportive. People post successes, challenges and amazing support for each other. So right now I am very much liking facebook. A 21 day source of loving nondenomational spiritual healing support.... from a huge group of people who just want to support each other with love and caring.

13. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

Facebook just reminds me that I have no "real" friends and that most people can't be trusted because their facebook is just a page of what people want us to see. Everyone is so fake...how can u tell if people are genuine?

14. Sumerian

Sumerian Active Member

Meh. To me Facebook is pretty take it or leave it. My account is still active, and while I don't go on that often it's a good way of staying in touch with people.

What bugs me is this newish trend of clickbait news sites ("This woman got catcalled. Her response will blow your mind!"), political pseudo-experts, and other things. So I think Facebook is okay, but I only use it when I have a purpose (contacting someone, or sharing a link for example). I very rarely browse, for reasons stated.

15. Summit

Summit Member

I got off of it. Found too many people would see me and say odd things about my posts so I guess my crazy was showing. lol I can't stand all the HAPPY OH SO JOYOUS EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE IS A BLESSING AND LOOK AT ALL THIS HAPPY SHIT...just got tired of it. FOund myself wanting to tell them to stop posting selfies every hour and get a life so instead I shut er down and got my own life. lol

16. Morgana

Morgana Well-Known Member

I have very mixed feelings toward Facebook. It's a good way for me to keep in touch with some of my friends who I can't really contact any other way, but at the same time, I really don't like it most of the time.

17. turryburry

turryburry Well-Known Member

I can go without it. Used to get addicted to games from time to time but now I don't bother with it much.

18. ATLAFlame

ATLAFlame Banned Member

I hate it, based mainly on their ridiculous disregard towards the security of personal information that is posted, even if posted privately

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.