do you have a good life but still depress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asking_advice

i have a teenager cousin. she has an abusive father she can enjoy her school & life. compare to me when i was at her age. i was always shy, i didn't know how to react in normal situations in school.

it's not easy for me to make friends because of my low self-confident & shyness.

i know my father has a depression & so i. sometimes i feel guilty about my depression. i shouldn't feel this.

---------

do you have a good family, love life, social, school, and career but still depress & feel guilty about your depression?

IV2010

I believe you can have a good life and still have a mental illness that causes chemical imbalance in the brain ..
no different to having any other sort of illness that needs treating

I just wish there wasn't the stigma attatched to our illness opposed to others

asking_advice

it seems i dont have a right to feel depress because we have money and understanding parents compare to my other friends. it hard to always remind myself it's ok to be depress because i am a person.

Illusion

Yeah. I always feel bad about it as well cause I have a good life right now. I've known people that have been raped, abused, etc & still enjoy life more than I do. I think my past & people in general have doomed me to a deep depression. I was just bullied mainly & had some tragic events happen in my life 4 years ago. I was pretty okay then about it but I'm now all of a sudden depressed? :/
I feel so guilty for being depressed. They're times I can overcome it & times where I can't. I'm always guilty about it though.

chipper

i have a good life. it's just too much pressure on me.

i have three jobs and i support my entire family.

then i wanted to adopt and they wouldn't support me.

stuff like that. i feel like i give and give and when i want something, they wouldn't support me. i support them in everything, i keep the barest minimum to myself like money for food and other necessities. the rest i give to them.

yet, when i want something like the adoption, they talk like i'm this weird stupid person.

it's just sad.

but i hang on. it passes. they love me. i know that. it's just hard sometimes.

I have a great life; i don't deserve it. I'm a 20 year old girl who doesnt leave the house. No job, no school, no boyfriend/girlfriend. Still living off my parents even though they have financial troubles of their own.

I'm so useless.

gakky1

Had a good life but threw it away for really no reason or at least ones that make sense to others, guess my problems were much bigger than the good things about my life. Had a real solid job where I had been for 14 years, lived in a good neighborhood, etc., just to me it wasn't a 'good life', those kinds of things don't make me as happy as others, think we're programmed to think that money and material things are supposed to make you happy, for me it was fairly empty though now I do nothing it's an even more emoty feeling.:duck:
PS- I can never quite put down my thoughts in my mind too well in writing, something gets lost from my lamish brain to my fingertips.:nerd:

I have a great life right now, by all rights. I'm getting married this year, I just got a new job, I've cut a lot of drama and toxic relationships out of my life. Still, I feel completely empty. It's not like I hate myself, really, it's just that I have this feeling I'm meant to die. Like it's going to serve some grand purpose or something. Strangely, I've always thought I would die rather young, but I never had genuine suicidal thoughts until this year.

I could say I have a good life.On the outside everything looks great but my life is so colorless. I'm not close with anyone and I can't contact my only internet friend. I'm not good at anything and I'm a failure as a person. Ignorant people think that if you have a good life then everything is all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00