Do you remember when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Null

I sorta hate to bring this up, I'm quite curious as to the general consensus on this question. I'm not sure quite how to put it but maybe its best to just throw it out there.
Do you remember at what age you were when you first had a suicidal thought?

For me it the earliest I can remember is the age of 5.

Mr Stewart

I was seventeen (I'm twenty-eight now). I remember that night specifically. I do not, however, remember the event that precipitated it. This would have been around the time I was living with my brother and sister. Mom had moved out some months prior. Might have been when brother and sister decided to take off which forced me to move in with father for a short while. Something around there. I'm fairly certain I had never considered it before.

As for depression in general, in hindsight it must have started building up around the same time as puberty. Eleven/twelve-ish. I didn't realize it until much later because of all of the family related upheaval that was also in full swing at the time. Family falls apart = you feel bad. That's normal. I thought it was just that.

Bigman2232

yup, 19. I was unhappy before then but while Highschool wasn't great, I always new it was just something to get through with and then I can get out and away from the city and the people. Never thought about suicide, just was a little depressed.

I think it took me two or three weeks into university to realize that nothing was going to change and that I'd be stuck in the situation I'm in for the rest of my life. Hell I even made a game of it. I posted the lyrics to 3 songs about suicide and said the person who guessed the common theme got a chocolate bar.

flowers

I go to a very accomplished and respected healer/teacher. Shes pretty amazing. She told me that in utero I realized the genetics I was getting myself involved with, I wanted out. But it was too late by then to back out. I believe her. I think I never wanted to be here. I always wanted out. I also think that on a soul level I knew i had to stay. I still know it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00