Do you see a way out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I know for many of us suicide is/was the way we see out of whatever situation/feelings we're stuck in.
So my question is do you currently see another way out? I know that the light is always there, but I don't see it. Do you?

shazzer

I don't see another way other than suicide. I've tried but it always comes back to suicide and I'm pretty sure that's what I will end up doing in the end

worlds edge

I know for many of us suicide is/was the way we see out of whatever situation/feelings we're stuck in.
I'm afraid this is by and large an accurate assessment of me. As much as I'd like to think of myself as some sort super-rational being, I must own up to the fact that that belief is a flawed analogy. But what have you. You use the material at hand and proceed.

So my question is do you currently see another way out?
However, that's not the question I ask myself. It is more a question of do I stick around due to the obligations I owe others, or do I hit the road. For the past few months I've not been suicidal, and had thought I was going to be around for quite a while to come. I am now rethinking this, and am about as seriously considering making a move as I have been for, well, quite a while.

I know that the light is always there, but I don't see it. Do you?
Nor do I see evidence that there's any light, in what I'm thinking is the sense you mean the term. Part of me thinks that there is no end to my captivity in this zoo as long as I remain alive, whatever my personal circumstances, good, bad or indifferent.

Anju

Right at this minute, I don't see another way out. Sometimes I don't even want to see another way out. But there's always a wee voice at the back of my mind telling me that this will pass, and soon enough I'll see this light everyone talks about. Only problem is it always goes away again...I often think trying to get through bad patches is merely prolonging the inevitable.

But then maybe that's a bad way of thinking :unsure:

There's just no lasting reason to stay :(

that's the thing i try...and fail...I stand up someone pushes me down. Not everyone is meant to live...not everyone is meant to have a way out...some of us are cursed...some are damned...I'm one of them the wretched...there's only 1 way out...just gotta be brave enough to take the plunge.

I know there is a way out besides suicide, but issues we face do not allow us to see these other options. It is the nature of the disease. Keep searching. Don't let it win.

the world is overpopulated anyway...what's one more body in the ground? I'm nothing...I'm nobody...just a whisper in a wind that blows away and then everyone will just forget...eventually we all die...what's the difference if I choose the end for myself?

max0718

I have had a good last couple of days, so at the moment I see a way out. But it can also come crashing down at any moment. Hope that is not the case...

TheWr0ngChild

I see many "doors" instead of ways out. Some of those doors are locked, some of them are open and some of them are bricked up. I'm in the process of trying as many doors as I can. If the thing that you really need is behind a bricked up door, sometimes you have to find the strength inside to smash the wall down.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Well I need to find a new way, My sister is my caretaker and she found out what I was about to do and she took the means away from me. So now I have to come up with a new Idea.Damn it man: i was all set for it to happen now I need a new Idea and then I have to get the courage up to try again.~Joseph~

abyss

no! *rolled up newspaper to nose* :tongue:

just kidding, i promise. i just don't want you to do anything like that. i'm happy your sister is taking such good care of you. i mean, i don't want you to be in prolonged pain, i just don't want you to die. i want you to find a happy. some are small, but every smile is worth it.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hello From That Show,
I have never seen a light at the end. My therapist has me put the negative thoughts behind a glass wall so I know they are there. I then take a positive thought and fill in where I took the negative one away. The tricky part is deleteing the negatives so they don't build up. I do that with my therapist so I have support.
I don't see any way out I have just learned to accept it as my normal way of life. Once I came to that realization it helped me to feel a little better. There are several ways to learn to cope with it. I wish you luck!!~Joseph~

abyss

maybe life isn't like a tunnel where we are looking for the light at the end to tell us we are almost through. that utopia where all the darkness is behind us and we bask in joy and light. maybe instead life is like a highway. day comes and goes. for every bright sunrise there is the dissapointment of the last rays of the sunset. lonely stretchs in the dark. interesting waypoints and milestones to build memories. new and differant people at every reststop. some good like the nice little old lady who gives you a free slice of pie after your meal and calls you 'honey', some bad like the guy that steals your wallet while you're using the can. sometimes a good song will come on and you'll get caught up in a wave of wellbeing singing along and not noticing anything but the warm core inside. sometimes traffic is bad and you'll get red hot angry at the jerk that just cut you off. but if we keep driving there will be another sunrise. if we keep driving there will be more small glimmering moments of greatness. even when the night is long and the road dark, sometimes there will be lightposts throwing down their small rays of light to illuminate the long dark. and even when your car is empty, connection is only a CB radio call away. i think sometimes our windows are too tinted, or we forget to take our sunglasses off and just can't seem to see the little miracles and joys around us. or we hunker down and don't look or stop along the way. life is made up of moments, some good some bad, but all important along the way.

keep driving or you'll miss it all.

Reki

maybe life isn't like a tunnel where we are looking for the light at the end to tell us we are almost through. that utopia where all the darkness is behind us and we bask in joy and light. maybe instead life is like a highway. day comes and goes. for every bright sunrise there is the dissapointment of the last rays of the sunset. lonely stretchs in the dark. interesting waypoints and milestones to build memories. new and differant people at every reststop. some good like the nice little old lady who gives you a free slice of pie after your meal and calls you 'honey', some bad like the guy that steals your wallet while you're using the can. sometimes a good song will come on and you'll get caught up in a wave of wellbeing singing along and not noticing anything but the warm core inside. sometimes traffic is bad and you'll get red hot angry at the jerk that just cut you off. but if we keep driving there will be another sunrise. if we keep driving there will be more small glimmering moments of greatness. even when the night is long and the road dark, sometimes there will be lightposts throwing down their small rays of light to illuminate the long dark. and even when your car is empty, connection is only a CB radio call away. i think sometimes our windows are too tinted, or we forget to take our sunglasses off and just can't seem to see the little miracles and joys around us. or we hunker down and don't look or stop along the way. life is made up of moments, some good some bad, but all important along the way.

keep driving or you'll miss it all.
What a sunny post. Nicely said, abyss.

wastedmylife

I dont see a way out, I am in such a hole I dont know what to do, I dont think I am going to kill myself anymore but I dont see a way out of this hell I am in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00