Do you think it is possible for a schizophrenic to fall in love with one of his/her "voices"?

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
I'm not sure who or what it is I'm hearing but sometimes I feel like I love one of my voices. But the problem is that I can't always hear him nor tell him apart from the others.

Others are good friends though and try to help often.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
It's hard to say whether that's possible, but if the love feels calm, & not obsessive it seems safe to me.

Yes because I did. When I was in one of my episodes. My voice would tell me to do things then say good girl. And it would tell me it loved me It was also very horrible to me it was make fun of me and call me ugly and useless

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
With DID they are fully fledged personalities. With voices it's somewhat different. You lose touch with reality. Sure they can be manipulating and can make you believe bizarre things.

nolongerhuman

Apparently it's possible for someone with DID...so why not schizophrenia?

Thoughts?
okay so i thought i might have DID because this other personality came out a few times in front of my ex. i dont remember much but apparently it was madly in love with me. in another thread someone suggested it could be psychosis and that makes more sense to me because of how limited it all was, sooooo yeah imo definitely. or i just have DID lol and it’s not. well my case either way would kinda be a reverse situation, i guess?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00