Does anybody else get frustrated with themselves...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by MightyMatt, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

I had a really bad day yesterday but managed to pull through it. This morning I got up and stuck to my usual routine. I felt really good for about an hour afterwards but now I feel as though I'm back to square one. I have a week off work and maybe it's because I have nothing to keep my mind occupied... I dunno but I find myself getting angry and frustrated with myself more than anything at the moment. I just cant shake off this feeling that I'm doing things wrong and I'm not good enough. Does anybody else feel this way? How do you combat it? Am i just rambling?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I find having a structure to my day is so important to keep me out of the dark side...maybe make an agenda for the week you are off so that you can keep yourself more ordered...J

3. MightyMatt

I think thats sound advice! I usually have a very strict agenda. Gonna get a pen and paper now and make a list of activities I can do in my free time. I was really looking forward to this time off but now I feel more stressed than I would do if I was working... I feel so stupid.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Not stupid at all Matt...I feel the same way...J

5. MightyMatt

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way... I suppose it gives me a slight sense of 'normality' (whatever the hell that is) albeit in a strange, fucked up way. Anyway I've written a few things down to do so hopefully that will lift my mood a bit.

6. Indian81

Indian81 Member

I agree. If you have something that occupies your time then living does not seem so bad then.

7. MightyMatt

Hi Indian,

Your so right... Anything to take my mind off things is a real help... I think I might brave going into town today... Just to see how I cope... I think one of my friends wants me to go out drinking tonight too... To be honest I'm dreading it but I feel tempted to give it a go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.