Does anyone know of an ED forum that is more active?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by flowers, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi
    I belong to 2 websites that have ed areas. Both are pretty inactive. The other one is even less active. I poured my heart out admitting the truth. Only to find that no one answered. I realized that no one had really posted there in weeks.

So I was looking around the web for another place. I found a place where people post and then only volunteer helpers can post back. They told me to read their stories of inspiration. I do not want to say what I wanted to tell them, lol. ED is such a lonely and isolating thing for me. Especially because I can binge and starve. So I do not fit in to one specific catagory. I do not fit in anywhere really. This ED really is painful and threatining and frightning. anyone know of an active ed forum? Thanks :hug:

2. RESTurtles

RESTurtles Well-Known Member

I used to visit psych forums for ED, but i seen a post I really didnt like, that was awhile ago, I never could get up to register there. It does have binge section which i a plus.

I hope you have luck there, if you havent already seen it.

3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

the psychcentral forum is a pretty active one

you may also want to try the eating disorder forum on take this life.com

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks RESTurtles and emily. I will try take this life and psych forums. I do go to Psychcentral. People dont really post there too often in the ano area. They post more in the over eating and binge area of the forum. right now I need the ano area :( So I will try the other two places suggested. Thanks !!

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi flowers

did you check out those 2 sites yet?

i am over at TTL, so maybe i'll see your post if you decide to sign up- don't exactly go on their lots lately though. so who knows...

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks, Emily. I did sign up. I noticed that the last thread posted on the ED area was on Thursday. 24 reads. Zero resposes. Before that the last post that was made in the ed area was 8 days ago. So I probably will not post there. But I will take a look at the whole website. It might be a nice place to post, in other areas !! So thanks

7. RESTurtles

RESTurtles Well-Known Member

8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks RESTurtles. Oddly I was going through my file of login info for various websites and found psychforums. I have no clue when I registered. May have been two or more years ago. Or maybe last year. I do not know. I tried to login and it worked. So I will take a look at how active the forum area is. Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. BTW, the other website is called psych central. Its huge. A lot of people go to the website. But in my opinion its not nearly as kind and nice as sf. This is my favorite place to go, by far !! Thanks again.

9. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Emily, I feel sort of silly. All the months I have been posting in the ed area of psych central, I didnt know there were active posts under the general catagory. I thought everyone was posting under the sub catagories which are not very active. So yes. psych central is a good place to post. Thanks !

RESTurtles, I think the people at psychforums who responded to me are awesome. Unusually kind compsssionate. But smart about the condition. So thanks for that !

10. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

flowers, i am glad the folks here have led you in a good direction. it's funny because i was just wishing the other day that my favorite old message board was still around, which was a pro-ana/mia support site called the Thin Page. it was extremely active for several years but legally was forced to shut down a few years ago, and it left a lot of people floundering with no place to go for support and non-judgment with depression/food/ed issues. surely by now most of those folks have found some other home online but i never could locate it. just curious if anyone else remembers or heard of The Thin Page, it was run by a girl named susan?

11. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi sweetles, I am sorry. I dont know of any pro ana websites. I could give you the name of many non pro ana websites where people who are suffering go. eg psych central forums. They have 2 areas for people to post. One ana and the other one generic ed. then there is the fish one. cant remember the name of it. and the national eating disorders association website. not my fav. Sorry i could not be of more help :hug: Glad you are here at sf though

12. Xscapeply

Xscapeply Well-Known Member

WhyEat is pretty active, I'm a member there.

13. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks. I will check that out !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.