Does Balance Exist?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Much afraid, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Where does one find balance (or maybe that's the whole point - depression obliterates balance)...

I'm tired and low, exhausted. For the first time ever I considered cutting. I have no idea where that came from! I'm so afraid of pain I can't act on what brought me here to begin with. I just don't get it. Today I'm the lost sheep caught in the brambles...not even God can reach me it seems.

No hearts today - I'm empty and lost in my own brainless head.

2. Much afraid

Lack of sleep makes me nuts ~ clearly. Closer to "normal" (well normal for me) and just have to endure the rest of this day. I think I can, I think I can. I hope I can... :)

3. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

Balance, wow, that's a tough one. Especially when we are depressed, or not feeling well.

I guess first we need to take care of ourselves. Get enough sleep, some exercise, some sunshine, and eat enough of the right foods to keep us healthy. When you are depressed, these can be tough, but more necessary than ever.

I guess next, is to make sure that we are doing things for ourselves that we want to do. Even if it is as simple as watching what we want on TV (yeah, even if that means getting the remote control away from everyone else), picking up a book we like, or just having a few quiet moments by ourselves.

Good luck on getting through the day, I know how tough that can be when you haven't had sleep.

4. Much afraid

Thank you Katrina - all good things you've suggested. I splurged at the market on fruits and nuts and vegetarian options. Still have work to do but it will have to wait - can barely keep my eyes open. I'm going to try to sleep now and hopefully I will be "all better" in the morning. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.