Does depression affect the sleep cycle ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wanttodie, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

It seems I just can't get up on time in the morning to reach office. MY boss hasn't complained so far but I fear its going to be a problem if I continue coz Im reaching the office in noon. I sleep at 12 am yet I get up in the morning at 10-11 am. It seems my whole body has also swelled because of depression, I have no motivation at all and my hands are always sweating. Im also addicted to net. pathetic.

2. nagisa

nagisa Staff Alumni

First of all you aren't pathetic. Depression can def. affect the sleep cycle. Most times making you sleep a lot more and not wanting to get out of bed ie. no motivation. Do you take any medication for this?

3. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

My depression is because of past traumas(cant discuss here) so i dont think meds will help too much. But I am planning to start with Buproprione from tomorrow. lets see what it can do.

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

depression has certainly affected my sleep patterns. I wake up way too early in the morning and can't get back to sleep. then I"m sleepy and often sleep during the day, which is unusual for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.