Does depression affect the sleep cycle ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wanttodie, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

It seems I just can't get up on time in the morning to reach office. MY boss hasn't complained so far but I fear its going to be a problem if I continue coz Im reaching the office in noon. I sleep at 12 am yet I get up in the morning at 10-11 am. It seems my whole body has also swelled because of depression, I have no motivation at all and my hands are always sweating. Im also addicted to net. pathetic.

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

First of all you aren't pathetic. Depression can def. affect the sleep cycle. Most times making you sleep a lot more and not wanting to get out of bed ie. no motivation. Do you take any medication for this?

3. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

My depression is because of past traumas(cant discuss here) so i dont think meds will help too much. But I am planning to start with Buproprione from tomorrow. lets see what it can do.

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

depression has certainly affected my sleep patterns. I wake up way too early in the morning and can't get back to sleep. then I"m sleepy and often sleep during the day, which is unusual for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.