does it ever change

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by badlife, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badlife

badlife Active Member

does depression ever go away? i cannot really remember a tire i wasnt depressed. always doing nothing but sitting on my computer or sleeping. but no one wants to be seen with me because everyone thinks im a serial killer. people run up and tell me this. as time goes on it get harder and harder to go on all lows nothing making me happy. right now should be a happier time since im gonna be graduating high school in a little over a month but im even more lost now then ever before. i havent been able to stop thinking bout ending it. and i have yet to find a reason to stay.

2. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

If you have suffered from chronic depression most of your life, is it possible there are chemical imbalances causing your problems? Have you seen a good therapist, and discussed the possibility of medication to help with the depression?

Things can get better. Best of luck.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi badlife depression hard one to deal with on our own. I do hope you have supports in rl hun congrats on your graduation hun now take the summer and get some supports in place to help you move forward. A therapist will help guide you to next step to take ok meds can help if you chose them they an help to decrease the depression hugs to you

4. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

It definitely won't go away on it's own. I spent years relaying on other people for my happiness before realising I needed to make an effort to get better myself. Sitting and allowing it to consume you may feel like the easiest thing to do but it won't ever solve anything. You need to do something about it, make an effort to change things in your life. It's not easy. Support is good, medication can help, and distraction is key. Try and find things to do that you enjoy, try and get active. Don't let depression win.

5. badlife

badlife Active Member

ive tried medication but my mother had the doctor change them every visit so i never could really tell if they worked. at one point i was on a couple meds for insomnia,add, and depression that werent suppose to be mixed. my mother also tells the doctor how i am emotionally for me so he would change med. she likes to have complete control over everyone. my mother also never let me be happy when i was younger she would crush any hopes and dreams that anyone had idk if that may contribute to the problems i have. idk how i would find out if there are chemical imbalances

6. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Only you know how you feel - your mother telling your doctor things about you isn't any help. Is there any chance in going to see the doctor without her there with you? Or telling her that you need to speak for yourself?

7. badlife

badlife Active Member

only way i will be able to see a doctor with out her having input is wait till im 18 and find a new one and go without her knowing. bc if she knows she will start going to the doctor. shes done this multiple time in between me and my sister

8. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

Your mother may have good intentions, but she should not be going to the doctor with you, nor insisting your meds get changed. It sounds like you are almost 18, so I would wait and see a doctor without her knowing then. I'm surprised that even now she can insist on being there. Her being so involved may indeed be part of your problem. Unless you had some severe adverse reaction to your meds, they should not have been changed unless your doctor felt it was best.

In the meantime, why not try what you can to feel better. Simple things like eating right, getting enough activity, and making sure you get time in the sun can make a big difference. Can't hurt in any case. And make sure you do something each day that you enjoy, even if it's just going for a walk, watching something that makes you smile on TV, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.