Does the roller coaster ever stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Much afraid

I am so very tired of the roller coaster ride. The ups are wonderful ~ the straight turns are okay ~ the descent is a terror and always seems a surprise. It seems too that the descent is when friends become busy or absent or ready to run away screaming because the tunnel (me) is too dark, too scary, too ... me.

Doing healthful things is exhausting and only gives temporary results. Some days I just don't want to try any more. Besides, who needs "needy" friends/acquaintances? No one - life is too short to have to deal with needy "it"/needy me.

Just stop the ride, retire the roller coaster, let me leave the amusement park. It long ago stopped being amusing.

Theodora

I enjoyed the analogy. I rarely get ups and appreciate the plateaux most. The slumps I'm resigned to, probably too resigned. Think I should learn how to recognise and deal with them. As I go into a slump I gradually drop the healthy options which is why the effects are short term for me.

Much afraid

I enjoyed the analogy. I rarely get ups and appreciate the plateaux most. The slumps I'm resigned to, probably too resigned. Think I should learn how to recognise and deal with them. As I go into a slump I gradually drop the healthy options which is why the effects are short term for me.
Thanks Theodora. Some days it's just so much work - could do with a few thousand plateaus myself. Maybe tomorrow will be better. :)

Much afraid

I know how you feel, doing stuff only looks after the superficial it doesn't exactly solve the problem.
Hi skinny love! I think I get so caught up in doing/running that I'm still avoiding the issues just doing rather than being depressed and doing nothing. There's probably some balance thing I'm totally missing. :/ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00