Don't belong anywhere..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Needshelp, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Needshelp

Needshelp Well-Known Member

I've been on this forum for a little while... Just like in real life, I'm not very social.. I truly feel everywhere I turn, I'm a nuisance and a bother..I hate coming here, for fear of me making someone feel worse, or myself.. If any mods are reading this, please please please please please deactivate my account, I have been asking for quite some time.. I know I have the option to not come here, but it's hard seeing as this is basically the only place I talk to anyone.. I just feel a lack of communication, or break from the Internet is a good thing for me... But what do I know?
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm glad you've posted. You're not a nuisance or a bother. I think many people here in the throes of depression have had similar feelings. Depression does that - makes us feel out of place, alone, a burden - even when we really aren't. I know I've felt that way at times.

You say you're not very social here or in real life. Quiet people have as much place in the world as outgoing people. Quiet people are usually good listeners, they pay attention to details, they are observant.

I hope you'll keep posting and tell us more about what's going on in your life. Take care.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too am so glad you posted hun please keep posting ok don't isolate yourself it hurts way too much hun. hugs
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I feel the same way that you do, that I'm a bother to people, or won't be understood anywhere I go. I don't know if people have cut you down, or made you feel bad about yourself, but that's part of why I feel the way I do. I'm sorry that you are feeling this way, but it's not good to isolate can end up feeling even more depressed and hopeless. Please keep reaching out...I don't think you're a bother at all and I hope you keep posting so we can help.
  5. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Needshelp, this is a support forum and that means we are all here just to listen. You deserve respect and help as much as anybody else on this entire planet. That is the real truth and I promise you that. Your fear right now is telling you differently, but try to listen to the more wise voice inside you that keeps bringing you here. That wise voice knows that your life is precious, and that you have something inside to offer the world, and that if you keep seeking help... things will become clear. That wise voice knows that the more you talk and write and bring things into the light, the less there is to fear. There is a reason you keep coming back, and that reason is because you want to feel better and find relief. Finding relief and feeling better is good and that is the purpose of this place... so it is a good thing that you come here.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, you're definitely not a bother or nuisance. We cannot deactivate your account, besides I don't think that's a very good idea since here is your only outlet. I remember our many chats in the chatroom we had a long time ago and I remember you to be a quite pleasant person to chat with, hang in there and keep talking :hug:
  7. Needshelp

Needshelp Well-Known Member

Thanks...i really didn't expect such a response. It's hard living day to day, and finding why it's even worth being here. I keep making the mistakes over and over, and don't quite understand why I can't get it through my dumb skull. It's not like we all haven't felt that way :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.