don't compare

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mandy Mo, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy Mo

Mandy Mo New Member

I think the route to a successful life is not to compare yourselves or accomplishments to those of others. This has ultimately been my major and only true obstacle. I don't think we dislike what we have because of the thing itself, but rather because of the things other people have. Will you, too, try from today onwards to make the best of what you have? I sure know i will. I read a bad article today, about a girl who was paralysed ( beaten ) by a teacher, then in wheelchair, but still went on to get national colors for javellin throwing, and passed final exams with 4 distinctions. Why did this girl ultimately commit suicide? Her high school end results incorrectly stated that she failed the year whereas she passed with four A's. Now that, friends, is the epitomy of bad luck. Anyway, this story inspired me to go on. This girl survived the crush of abuse but her logic left her when hysteria kicked in and she forgot to sort out an incorrect administration problem. This girl has been an inspiration to me, along with all the other dead people who really did great stuff for themselves and society. I have in fact decided to put up shrines in my room to honor special deceased persons even though i did not even know them. It's the thought that counts, and the spirit. The body is but flesh wating to rot, the spirit...has its own body. Good Luck with your quest. We are a global army of fighters for peace and understanding.

2. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.