Don't have the motivation to ...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by The Depressed Puppy, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

Get good grades,when I was in 9th grade,& the start of 10th grade I had the motivation to get good grades.Now I have one A,four C's,& one D. My parents/teachers are always mad that I'm not trying hard.
    I always feel like faluire,& that I wouldn't be successful enough to go to collage.

I'm also really senstive when I'm at school.I feel like everyone's aganist me,& I'm a burden to my friends/family/teachers/& other people.

I don't know why I'm doing this,& why I'm not telling anyone(beside its embrassasing to tell somone)

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry this is adding stress. It is hard when you are trying to be do things and the motivation to do them comes from expectations of others rather than what you want to do for yourself. You then have to deal with not only your own disappointment but add to that what you perceive as their disappointment.

Are you trying hard? More importantly are you satisfied with your efforts (without consideration of the opinion of others)? If you believe your effort and results are reasonable and reflect your ability then that is very different than is you also think you could do better. Ability is not a measurement of just potential intellectually. If your ability is being influenced by depression then you may be working to your full ability given your circumstance. If that is the case then there is nothing to be ashamed of at all.

If you believe you are capable of doing better and just need a plan to make that happen then that is something you can try to work on. A lot of people find making a schedule and adhering to it can be very helpful. "From 5:00 PM until 7:00 PM i will work on homework" and then at that time turn off cell phone and Facebook (and SF) and do that. With a set time that has an ending to look forward to it is easier to work than to say I need to study tonight and open books but 4 hours pass and you just feel bad because nothing has been accomplished.... The actual time and duration is up to you. My daughter does 30 minutes because will lose focus after that then another 30 minutes after a break, but scheduled. I do not know if this will help you but it may be worth a try.

Your grades will still get you into college - maybe not Harvard but you can still continue your education. Get to a place where you are satisfied with your performance and if somebody else is not let them deal with their own issues because it is their issue then, not yours.

Take Care

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.