Dont want to get better..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ScouseJM, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

This might be stupid and childish and maybe even disrespectful to those who really want to get their lives back in control, but I dont want to get better.. Not if it means I have to be without my family, I dont want to find a job and get back on track, I dont want anything if I cant be with them.. Id rather sit here and cry all day every day like I have been until depression and its side effects kill me.. I dont wanna live without them, they mean everything to me :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

2. lauram

lauram Member

Doesn’t sound stupid or childish to me, it sounds like good insight and honesty, and a symptom of depression as well. I’ve said much the same thing, I told a therapist once that I was thinking about it and what if I got past the depression and my life still stunk, what could I blame then but myself and I didn’t know how to change ME. Never did figure that one out but depression like most things eventually goes away, although tragically sometimes it is only ‘cured’ by death. What struck me more than your saying you don’t want to recover is your reason, how would you lose your family if you were no longer depressed? Did I miss something? I’m new here so if you’ve posted about it previously please forgive my ignorance, thanks.

3. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF lauram... dont worry you couldnt know, my partner left me and that means I have also lost my two stepchildren.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.