Dont want to slip into old habits again...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by iicookieii, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iicookieii

iicookieii Active Member

But I feel myself doing so anyway. The memory of going two entire days without food is tempting me again. I like the pain of going hungry and punishing myself.

It always starts like this- too mcuh water, avoidance of anything sweet. Not really cutting anything out, but focusing on being 'clean' by drinking water until Im full

Then I go from eating 3 meals a day to 2, then from 2 meals a day to no meals at all

The weirder part is that it is always at the back of my mind, it just tends to get louder at certain times. The temptation to force myself to eat less and praising myself for eating less is always there with every bite I take, and any progress I've made with loving my body is automatically backtracked. Then starts the cutting again

I wish ths cycle would stop

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, this is not good, you need to maintain your health even when suffering from depression. You need to eat or otherwise you suffer from health complications. You can eat healthy but skipping meals will not help. Drink water is good but can lower your salt levels. Do need to punish yourself but just maintain a healthy diet.

I appreciate it's hard but you have to build this up over a period of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.