Dream job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leiaha

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you go on to to do the job you wanted?

I wanted to be a nurse from the age of about 3ish. I did go on to be a nurse until I had children, then I became a full time mother.

I wanted to be a palentologist and dig up dinosaurs.

For my 5th birthday, my mother took me out to a dig site in Arizona.

I was bored out of my skull. So then I decided to be a Mario Brother.

Now I work at a bank. Whoo, go aspirations!

aoeu

I think I've always wanted to be an engineer. Dunno when it started, but I can't remember ever wanting to be anything else.

Anyhow, I recently dropped out of engineering... Not a failed dream so much as a redesigned one. I slowly found out that I probably wouldn't do what I wanted to do as an engineer, and most engineers are neither nice nor interested in the field. $$$ for them.

Prosthetics and orthotics is much closer to the mark of what I want to do... Design things, work with your hands, often deal with unique problems. It's the things I liked about engineering, except you actually get to do them. Too much engineering is paper-pushing and dealing with management.

I hope I get in... The entrance exam is this Saturday.

~Claire

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you go on to to do the job you wanted?

I wanted to be a nurse from the age of about 3ish. I did go on to be a nurse until I had children, then I became a full time mother.
I wanted to be a nurse too. I spent 2 years at Uni but in my 2nd year I slowly fell apart & then I really crashed in my last semester.

I still really want to be a nurse & I was accepted to go back to Uni last September. Didn't go, but I'd like to think I'll make it one day.

plates

can remember i wanted to be a doctor when i was a little girl cos that was what all little indian girls were supposed to be...

then i wanted to be a meteorologist (at 13) cos i found the weather scary and fascinating :smile:

then i think, (at 15) i wanted to do something involving geography (i loved geography) or to study geography in some way, dunno...?

but all the while everyone said i'd grow up to have my work 'seen' and 'published' and 'exhibited' i thought :mad:! i just wanna do stuff i want and breathe and enjoy and not be around people and i'm not doing what i want by being here :mad::mad:

Accio

When I was younger I wanted to be a Ballerina :laugh:
Now I want to be a Forensic Scientist, but been told it's almost impossible to get into:sad:

Xenos

Be an engineer of a sort. Probably civil. I thought I'd be a video game designer at first, but I lost interest over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00