Dreams of a failed wife and mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmf31286

I have carefully worded my content in faith that I am following the guidelines and rules, but please be aware of mature content that I believe to be allowed, and please let me know if further editing is suggested. Thank you.

A little about myself: my husband committed suicide 9 months ago. I had termanated one pregnancy while we were separated two years ago. A second pregnancy I termanated the day after his funeral. I really wanted the first child, but he insisted I abort on threat of suicide when the father unkindly informed him of my condition. The second child, I was terrified, I concieved while using birth control irresponsibly. I didn't want the child, but I was determined to keep it and kept the pregnancy private. My husband took his life and I aborted in guilt. He was very mentally ill (paranoid skitzophrenic with capgras syndrome) and believed it was his only escape. We had both moved on at various points of our separation, but we loved each other and it was primarily the influence of our families that kept us apart, as well as our own poor choices-- but never for lack of love.

Since I started forcusing on my recovery from these tragic life choices, I have had a series of dreams, as follows:

My husband believed his suicide would bring him to a moon of Jupiter, Callisto, where he would be reunited with the "real me", an alien called a Lyran, with whom I was switched with before separating from our marriage (see: capgras syndrome). We built a cave home in life, and in his death/in my dreams, he has built a cave home for himself and my children on Callisto. My husband does not speak to me during my dream visits. He is ashamed and bashful and humble in silence. First, I dreamt of following him through a swampy alien forest, his injuries apparent.

Since that first dream, I focused on imagining him well, instead of wounded. And the next dream followed.

He brings me into a cave, he is very shy. I see a young man, he is very tall and happy. He excitedly tells me all about the cave and the turtles who live there. They are not like earth turtles, as they climb the cave walls and can move the plates on their shells to become spikes when they're afraid. It is very slippery and difficult to climb. The boy, who I believe my husband would have named Fred (a personal joke: he named every male Fred), tells me it's because of all the turtle poop. He says, in fact, the whole cave is made of dried up turtle poop. We laugh about this. When we finally exit this area, we make it to a kitchen. It is a mix of every kitchen my husband and I ever shared. I exclaim, "it's just like our kitchen!" And a girl responds, "well, almost, but not exactly..." I believe this is my second pregnancy. She is tiny and shy and I am not happy to see her. My husband would have named her Tina. I never thought much of her after my second abortion... There's a feeling of "oh, yeah, you...." And tension is high between us. I ask her, "how would YOU know?" And she silently indicates that my husband told her. I am annoyed that he speaks to her, but hasn't spoken to me.

In the meantime, my maid of honor tells me of a dream of running through swampy woods with strangers and finding a cave house and sitting with me in a bedroom inside it. She and my husband did not get along (no one got along...), But she apologized to him profusely at his funeral. (I took this as a sign that he has forgiven her and welcomed her back into our family?) I had not told her of my dreams, so it was moving.

The next time I visited them, I was feeling unwell spiritually. They were naked and waiting for me to go do something they were excited for. I immediately assumed the worst and accused them of wanting to go skinny dipping or something scandalous like that. I yelled at them and shamed them, I told my husband that I didn't care what the children did, but he needed to get dressed immediately. He seemed to expect this reaction, and was very sadly disappointed. No one spoke but the small young lady, Tina... She said "well fine, then!"

I have not dreamt of them since, though I cling to his urn and think of him every night. Instead, I had the dream which follows...

I am walking with my mother and nephew. This animal that looked like a mix of a gray, stripped, brindle pitbull and a spotted wildcat is stalking my baby nephew. I think now it may be a hyena. For some reason, I think dumping water on it will prevent it from attacking, and I do so to protect my nephew. At this moment I realize it is only a baby itself, and now it is sad. I feel horrible and carry it home. My mother does not want me to keep it in the house, so I bring it to the cave house on Callisto. I don't think anyone is home. I leave it on the doorstep. I am very sorry. Its a gift and I hope that it will guard the cave.

That is all... Please let me know your thoughts.

Dmf31286

To be clear, I am hoping for any type of discussion involving dream interpretation. I am welcoming aspects of spirituality in all faces, as I have recently found religion during my recovery. Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated within SF guidelines and rules.

Trapper

Asking the right questions
Hey DMF

I have a book on dream symbolism which i have to find for the kind of interpretation u requested. One school of thought is that dreams occur when the brain reorganizes and compresses memories to free up space so it can record more the next day. This will also include ur concerns that associate any memories together. So, in a way, dreams can be a kind of ink blot test.

I believe, however, that the souls of others can interact with, and do affect our dreams. I also believe conciousness survives death in a very different format than what we are acustomed to.

Given that, can ur husbands soul be embaressed and remorseful for having ended his life, after he finds out the other side was very different than what he imagined? I think so. Could u have inadvertently generated this imagry? To have done so would have required u to have had an understanding of how different things really were for his choice to have become a bad one, all within the context of our physical world. Do u have such information to create that dream? Or, was it externally sourced?

A couple of themes seem to come up in the dreams. The first is family acceptance of new members, and the other is what your kids would have turned out to be. These are likely issues u have grappled with a lot.

So, give me a day or two to find the book. Ur dreams are very rich in symbolism

Dmf31286

He spoke to me! For the first time since he died, he finally spoke to me!

I'm just waking up.. I was on some kind of spiritual retreat.. And we're all in line for a hot air balloon ride. (Something I have always wanted to do. I always imagined getting proposed to on a hot air balloon.) It's bright and sunny and there are carnival rides all around us.

I've never noticed before, but Tina is absolutely beautiful. Her hair is fluffy and shines strawberry in the sunlight. I never recognize my children, and even though I'm standing there with husband, and this beautiful young lady is eagerly chatting us up, and Brian is acting a bit foolish, I don't act out like I did in the nude dream... (I was always jealous and quick to anger with him)

She's trying to make me guess where I know her from. She is quoting and mimicking my memories. I ask, "were we in recovery together in (another state than I live in right now)?" She smiles and says "no, from right here." (She seems to be implying that she is in fact my oldest child. She is quoting things she heard while I was pregnant the first time.)

Meanwhile, my husband asks me to choose between Exotic Berry or Shimmering White? I am so curious about this girl that I just off-handedly give him an answer, smiling apologetically at his rude interruption, yet enjoying his hyper happiness. He shows me a bottle of champagne. I remind him that she and I can't drink (still assuming that this girl is also in recovery) and continue my conversation. He doesn't listen (he was a bit of a lush) and stashes the bottle in his jacket. But it occurs to me that Brian really wanted to share a bottle of champagne right before he took his life, and I turned him down. Despite that, it doesn't occur to me that he is dead now, and I'm seeing him, and he's speaking to me. But more importantly, no matter how annoying he's being, I don't act out or feel I dislike him, and I agree that sharing this drink with my husband is more important that my clean time. (Alcohol was not my problem substance, so it was just a matter of changing my clean date. Making him happy was worth it.)

So, they take us up on the balloon, a train of balloons connected to one another. My husband was hoping that we would be alone and could be romantic, but there is an old lady with us in our basket. But we don't mind, and welcome her. I recognize her as my great grandmother on the Italian side, and that confuses me.

But the hot air balloon is part of the journey, not the destination. The real goal is to get onto this huge barge that seems to be made of the balloon-animal type balloons. Before I know what's going on, I'm jumping from the basket down onto this barge. I fall slowly and I can barely see through my skirts flying up around me. Next, my husband is falling down quickly after me, he was dumped haphazardly off. I help him aboard with some panicked struggle. Everything is so exciting and disoriented that I just sort of hug him and laugh as the barge fills up with guests. I notice my boy join us and easily get up and calmly walk around. I feel drunk and elated. I can't stand. It's like trying to stand on a flimsy raft.

I'm laughing, belly down on this air-ship and shout out "I feel like a cat in a canoe!" A reference to when my husband and I brought our cat on a canoe trip with us... But remembering that now-passed cat reminds me of death, and I suddenly wake up.

Dmf31286

Trapper- I do believe that he was embarrassed, remorseful, shy, humbled, uncertain, etc... He seemed to give off that feeling. And while I think he was correct in a lot of his assumptions about the other side, I kind of liken it to guessing the objects in a dark room before turning on a light. He guessed correctly in a lot of ways, but fine details were off. For example, he expressed to me that his "future self" (who he was going to "meet" upon death) had this huge house. He said he rescued me as a child (when my house burned down) and brought me there. He begged me to remember this house for him, that I am the only person alive who has been there. I of course could not remember, (I escaped the fire alone... No one rescued me.) And this frustrated him to no end. He never stopped begging me to remember things that just did not happen. Now, it seems, I visit his house, and it is as grand as he hoped I would describe. He said it was a "Foster Home" where he rescued and raises abused children. I don't think he expected them to be my aborted children. And Foster is very bluntly a play on words for my maiden name. So he was very much correct, yet slightly off...they weren't abused, they never existed outside of utero.

I feel I could possibly have generated this imagry myself? ThoughI do not attempt to provoke lucid dreams in which I control the content. I only hope to see him. I sometimes just repeat his name over and over to drown out unwanted subjects. I sometimes vividly recall his face. I sometimes take the advice of his best man and do what he does at night: imagine a circle, make it a diamond, make it two diamonds, make it four diamonds, notice the color, etc... I think he is unknowingly opening a dream portal, but I am not knowledgeable on that either. We're sort of naturalists at this. (No studying)

However I am inclined to believe it is externally sourced, if not entirely subconscious. I think a lot about his "delusions"/"premonitions" now, whereas I blocked them out and entirely rejected them during his life. It wasn't entirely intentional, I just wasn't ready for it and my brain fogged over like while studying a difficult topic.

Either way, I feel his choice was neither good nor bad, but rather meant to be. So I suppose I am subscribing to the destiny or fate theroy in opposed to choice..

I can back this up in many ways. It seems that Brian was always going to end his life. I intervened for a long time, but there was absolute NO harmony to be had in this intervention. He attempted and nearly succeeded to commit suicide shortly before meeting me, but a friend of his stopped by and rescued him. After meeting me, he said he was so happy he didn't die, because he would have missed "all this". But we could not co-exist. I was psychotic with him, he was psychotic without me, and our families and friends would have none of it, yet agreed that we were also perfect. While we were cut from the same cloth, we could not co-exist. We weren't meant to be successful, but we were meant to be. Perhaps we were only meant to unite our souls in marriage for the next life... It's hard to explain as I don't quite understand or accept it myself.

Trapper

I feel I could possibly have generated this imagry myself? ThoughI do not attempt to provoke lucid dreams in which I control the content. I only hope to see him. I sometimes just repeat his name over and over to drown out unwanted subjects. I sometimes vividly recall his face. I sometimes take the advice of his best man and do what he does at night: imagine a circle, make it a diamond, make it two diamonds, make it four diamonds, notice the color, etc... I think he is unknowingly opening a dream portal, but I am not knowledgeable on that either. We're sort of naturalists at this. (No studying)
awestruck by all this stuff...you have a lot of insightful and provoking content. Let's start with lucid dreaming, as this seems to be the tool you personally use to connect to the rest of the universe.

Lucid dreaming is a conscious trance-like state that can be reached thru meditation, used to access other realities. Its known more as astral traveling, or asscention, if you try to find any books about it.

There are two classic works that many have found helpful to get better at it.

The first is a book called F O C U S I N G by Eugene T Gendlin, Phd. This book teaches you how to listen to your body and thoughts. Its important because it shows you how to direct your focus during meditation. ISBN 978-0-553-27833-0

The second book is How to Know Higher Worlds by Rudolf Steiner, who is an Austrian Philosopher that first laid down the foundations of lucid dreaming. ISBN 0-88010-372-8

Steiner is the guru on astral travel. He has written many books about it. You can see his work at www.steinerbooks.org

Singing bowls can also be very effective in inducing a lucid state. See the wikipedia entry below:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_bell

Small singing bowls can setup an oscillation that disrupts critical thinking noise, allowing you to "hear" your soul. There are many other tools, like your friend's ritualistic circles and diamonds, that other agencies use to achieve similar effects.

I am gonna post answers in pieces as there is so much to talk about. This one was to provide resources on lucid dreaming.

Dmf31286

Does it sound like I am lucid dreaming? It's entirely unintentional, what I've mentioned is literally all I know... Thank you for your resources!

Dmf31286

I woke up in the middle of the night aware that I was having more relapse dreams involving Brian in which he spoke. I didn't manage to store them in permanent memory this time. Not quite sure that I wanted to-- my husband and I partied hard together and it was definitely something that drove us apart and destroyed our lives/contributed to his mental deterioration.

Spiritual (not substance) relapse dreams seem to be a common theme in between visits with my family. I've put forth a serious effort to live better in every way.

For example, I used to only ring up about 3/4 of my items in the self-check out lane. I now pay for everything. Since then, I dreamt of stealing a book from a cafe-type book store, in which I got caught. I ran in to use the bathroom and then tried to run out with a pirate book by nmy favorite author. I then attempted to pay, but didn't have enough, and the manager took my money and refused to give me my item. I went out to get my brother in law (an officer) from the car. Once leaving the store, I realized I had the book in my hand somehow. I went back inside and the manager laughed about it. He returned my money and I returned the book.

I also used to be quick to anger, vengeful and threaten and sometime act in violence. I have worked hard to swallow and anger and pride, and as a result, I had the following dream... I was in some kind of giant warehouse, with a large crowd, and we were all playing some sort of murder game. My weapon of choice was a knife and I had a perfected technique and was doing well on the scoreboard. I had the sense that my husband was way ahead of me, and I was trying my best to catch up to him. I never found him among the crowd though.

I obviously also had habits of infidelity in my marriage. Until recently I was absolutely plagued with lust dreams. But I never acted on them. After that, I often dreamt of men I was previously interested in, but ignored them and walked away. Most recently I have had dreams of unwanted romantic advances, where even my own sister encouraged me to act on them, but I refused despite the fact that she did choose to cheat on her husband with these men.

I call these spiritual relapse dreams. Now I have moved on to drinking and substance abuse relapse dreams, it seems, revolving around my husband, who now communicates with me. I had put my previous attempts at recovery ahead of my husband's well being before he died, and now it seems I am agreeing to old behaviors just to be with him. I know I regret leaving him to his own devices so I could focus on staying clean and persue what I hoped to be healthier relationships (they were far from it), but choosing to stay with him and remain a using addict isn't the answer either. I guess I need to figure out a balance next.

Trapper

However I am inclined to believe it is externally sourced, if not entirely subconscious. I think a lot about his "delusions"/"premonitions" now, whereas I blocked them out and entirely rejected them during his life. It wasn't entirely intentional, I just wasn't ready for it and my brain fogged over like while studying a difficult topic
I was a peripheral visionary. I could see the future, but only way off to the side.:p

What exactly does a premonition see? Is a miss a delusion? Does the gift of sight allow you to fast forward the movie of your life to see what is coming up next? Does that mean there is fate, in that if you could change something, you shouldn't be able to see what it used to be in the first place? And, if everything has already been fixed from the start of the big bang, what is the point of anything having to re-experience it all, if the knowledge on what has to be learned is already known? These are all paradoxes around how events unfold in time.

Supposedly, premonitions depict alternate realities. Some of the math in quantum mechanics suggests everything that ever can happen, does happen in other copies of our universe. Its called the many worlds theory. This concept is illustrated by the scifi TV series Sliders:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliders

But, many reject this because an inane number of universes has to co-exist.

Instead, consider that every possible outcome can be on its own seperate timeline running parallel to the one you currently are on. Your soul is able to fast forward along timelines, but it can also cast itself out and cross over into the other possibilities running along side of yours. The difference between a possibility vs your current reality is like putting dvds into a dvd player to watch movies. The other possible movies you can watch are on a shelf. The one you are really watching is playing in the machine; it is the one and only universe. The rest are just films, waiting to be shown.

These parallel outcomes can be selected. Imagine your collection of dvds is mostly mystery/murder movies, and only a few are some romantic movies you bought because they were amazing. If you were to close your eyes and suddenly pull a movie off the shelf to watch, what are the chances it will be a mystery vs a romance?

Premonitions are like this. The current timeline you are on is the one you see in your mind map (ted talk - pyschological schema) of the world around you. Your schema affects how you react to things and what you see and believe to be true. You select timelines by uncovering hidden information that becomes part of your mind map. You exit timelines by making that information hidden again. This information filters the multiple realities that simultaneously exist around you so that you percieve just one. Preminitions occur when your filters allow more than one to get thru.

Looking forward from today, you will see all the possible timelines that are variations of all the interventions that led to the one timeline you are now on.

Looking backwards from today, you see all the natural timelines since the big bang - those without interventions, as well as the branches that led to the singular one you are looking from today. There are way more of those than yours.

Given there is only one timeline that is the path you took, and the rest are what would have happened without those interventions, what would you see looking in the past? Is it a romance or a mystery? What would you you see looking in the future? Would it be another romance because you're starting to like them and are buying more to watch?

Its because of free choice that premonitions can only be a guide and not the rule. Are they delusional if a path was not taken? No, because each point along every timeline represents a real possibility, at the moment its junction/jump point was crossed. Do they carry any truth? Yes, because the continued path taken generates new parallel possibilities, and the next premonition cycle starts all over again.

So, use dreams and premonitions only as a guide. Check them out before you act on them. They can greatly help steer your way around things you otherwise would not have known about or missed. Or, they can help leverage hidden opportunities. But, always remember each person exists in their own world with its own collection of related timelines. Assuming yours are theirs can lead to conflict and disaster. But, for the most part, depending how far away the timeline you scan is, they all have some element of truth and accuracy. The trick is sussing it out by asking more questions.

Very informative.. for the sake of asking.. if there is no way to reopen a closed timeline, is there any way to communicate with a course not taken? I half wonder if all the dreams Ive had in the past that were warning me of things that came to pass, were in fact failed attempts to divert me from the path I'm on... If there were a way to jump timelines, I wonder if this is what was happening during the times that Brian begged me to understand that I was under the control of a double.. and that this is what I was experiencing when I fogged out on Brian's explainations, acted out of character despite my true desires... It may sound like a cop-out of taking responsibility for my actions, but that's what Brian seemed to believe... My interest in asking is to understand what he was saying, not to excuse my actions.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Supposedly, premonitions depict alternate realities. Some of the math in quantum mechanics suggests everything that ever can happen, does happen in other copies of our universe. Its called the many worlds theory.
It's endlessly interesting, I've read a lot about it. But I've come to the conclusion that I only exist in one universe at a time. So, doesn't matter at all how many universes there are or aren't. There's only one Me.

Well, it matters if other universes can effect the one we're in like my husband insisted was happening.. I'm open minded to the idea that he may not have been insane, as long as I can prevent it from making me instable myself.

The idea had a lot to do with my second abortion, but I left that out because I was working on accepting that he was indeed sick..none of us really accepted that because he was so intelligent and gentle. But, truth be told, I was momentarily obsessed with the idea that he was right about everything and the child was evil, as he had talked about the antichrist... At other times I accept that I terminated in guilt... the fact of the matter is, I was in no state to become a mother and I never regretted the choice. I'm doing fairly well now, but I can't be sure I would be if I was dealing with the hormones and pains of pregnancy and spent all if of this time focusing on anyone but myself.. (I would have a 2 month old and a two year old right now if I was a mother)

Anyway, he talked a lot about the future effecting the present and future memories.. how does this relate to the presence of multiple universes?

Dear @Dmf31286 = this is way out of my league or comfort zone where I feel confident to comment but I just wanted to send you a huge hug and for you to know that if there was anything I personally could do to ease your pain - I would do it instantly. Huge hugs sweetheart, stay strong xx

Trapper

... He guessed correctly in a lot of ways, but fine details were off. For example, he expressed to me that his "future self" (who he was going to "meet" upon death) had this huge house. He said he rescued me as a child (when my house burned down) and brought me there. He begged me to remember this house for him, that I am the only person alive who has been there. I of course could not remember, (I escaped the fire alone... No one rescued me.) And this frustrated him to no end. He never stopped begging me to remember things that just did not happen. Now, it seems, I visit his house, and it is as grand as he hoped I would describe...

... Now I have moved on to drinking and substance abuse relapse dreams, it seems, revolving around my husband, who now communicates with me. I had put my previous attempts at recovery ahead of my husband's well being before he died, and now it seems I am agreeing to old behaviors just to be with him. I know I regret leaving him to his own devices so I could focus on staying clean and persue what I hoped to be healthier relationships (they were far from it), but choosing to stay with him and remain a using addict isn't the answer either. I guess I need to figure out a balance next...

... is there any way to communicate with a course not taken? I half wonder if all the dreams Ive had in the past that were warning me of things that came to pass, were in fact failed attempts to divert me from the path I'm on... If there were a way to jump timelines, I wonder if this is what was happening during the times that Brian begged me to understand that I was under the control of a double..
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of. :p

Doubles are something I'm currently working on and still trying to understand. I call them versions, and can share with you what was found so far.

Submitted for your consideration: quantum effects are only recently being discovered in labs at the macroscopic level. The following TED talk is about an experiment where a large object, visible to the naked eye, is put into a quantum state that makes its atoms exist in two different places, or timelines, at once:

Picture, if you will, the person you thought you knew, sometimes turns out to be totally somebody else. The two of you banter endlesly about what was supposedly already said in a deadlocked heat of "yes you did" and "no I didn'ts". Its the kind of déjà vu that leaves us feeling we must have just stepped off the doorstep leading out of the twilight zone.

I've encountered this multiple version phenomena a lot. In its most extreme form, I find myself repeating the same conversation with a person with which I had before, as if its for the very first time. For example, you and I both started this discussion in chat from where we left off last time only to find that we had never actually ever met. So, WTF is going on?

I think the explanation has something to do with the dualistic nature of having a physical body and an ethereal soul. A lot of this is based on the timeline theory documents I shared with you, where our physical selves are probability wave projections from the quantum side.

What would the world look like to a soul from a timeless perspective? Is each soul the sum of all things it ever was and will be, at every single point along our linear time? From our perspective such an entity can look like our future selves before we live out our physical lives in spatial time. Yet, it is always a part of us from birth to death. And, that leads us to a really bizzare question. When you talk to someone directly, through ur mind, or by astral travelling, who are you exactly speaking to in each case, the projection or the soul?

At some level, there has to be some kind of integration between the two. But, it seems this integration is not the same for everyone. Sometimes, it is so tight that the projection is fully cognizant of all the wisdom their soul carries and the two are always in sync. For others, interactions with that person's soul are highly compartmentalized and segregated from themselves.

On the quantum side, a soul is simultaneously connected to all timelines where a physical self can be projected to. But, there is no centralized physical self that can be connected to like the soul from spatial time. A projection in the current timeline can only talk to the same soul at any point. But, the soul is able to return information about any of its other projections from the other timelines.

The situation is anagalous to the DVD collection model I mentioned before. Suppose you are watching one of your favorite mystery movies: Casa Blanca. You like Humphrey Bogart, the actor who plays the lead part. Like the soul, he appears in other movies on your shelf. But, in each movie he performs a different part. The characters he plays, though, still look and sound like him to some degree.

So this dynamic setsup a unique signature. Communication with your husband through your mind takes on this perplexing quality where what you are talking to sounds and feels the same, but also seems to be acting out different roles. Which one is the real one? I don't know. For me, the soul is what defines a person. But, projections still have a degree of autonomy to interact with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00