Drowning in Misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morigna

I need to stay alive for my husband, and I've promised him that I won't self-harm, but I don't know how to face this level of sorrow and pain day after day after day. I don't feel like I can survive this. My body might, but my mind will be broken, my self-image shattered. My life is better than I ever dreamed it could be, but my brain chemistry is sabotaging it all. I want my mind back.

Loman

Please remember that it's not your fault. I don't have a whole lot to complain about either—I'm actually a pretty lucky guy in the grand scheme of things—but in some ways, that makes it even worse. It's easy to blame yourself for the way you're feeling if there isn't anything obviously wrong with your life. Maybe you tell yourself you're just "spoiled" or "ungrateful"; maybe you feel like you have no business being unhappy (I know I do at times). Like you said though, it's not you—it's your brain. Have you talked to anybody about getting some prescription antidepressants? They can do a surprisingly good job of keeping these chemical imbalances in check, provided that your expectations aren't too high going in. Not the most helpful advice, I know, but at least you're not alone: I've been in a similar place and we're both still here.
Good luck getting through this rough patch, and I hope you feel better soon. Stay strong out there.
-L

Darkorinth

It can be hard to go on sometimes, especially when you feel betrayed by your own brain. Just by trying to get help, rather than ending it all you are showing strength. That strength is no laughing mater. That's one of the thing that will see you through this. So will people who care about you. I am making an assumption, but I feel safe assuming that a husband who makes you promise to be safe cares about you. Here is a whole community who doesn't know that well yet, but wants to and cares. You may have to face this, but it doesn't need to be alone. I echo the urge to get professional help and medication. Medication isn't a magic wand to make everything better, but it can help.

Morigna

Yea, I'm already being medicated, my psychiatrist and I just haven't found the right cocktail yet. I'm working on it. Thanks for the support :) My mood goes up and down a lot day by day, and I'm actually feeling pretty alright today.

Hi Morigna,

There's more to treatment than just meds and therapy. You might want to take a look at the links in my signature.

Hope that something can help.

nightingale77

I need to stay alive for my husband, and I've promised him that I won't self-harm, but I don't know how to face this level of sorrow and pain day after day after day. I don't feel like I can survive this. My body might, but my mind will be broken, my self-image shattered. My life is better than I ever dreamed it could be, but my brain chemistry is sabotaging it all. I want my mind back.
Hi there, i'm sorry to hear that you are going through such difficult time at this moment. I'm not sure what could have caused this deep sorrow within you but I want you to know that there is hope and there is help. Thank you for sharing about your situation. It takes courage to do so.

Do you have any access to any counsellor or therapist? It might be worth considering seeing someone that can help you to get through this tough times. Sometimes being able to vocalise your fear and anxiety will help to put your thoughts in perspectives and clear some doubts in you. Hope you will consider that. Hang in there and I'm praying for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00