Drowsy and don't want to work

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Marathon-Running-Bunny, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am on 75mg sertraline everyday for anxiety and depression. The medicine made me numb emotionally which I think is good because I don't feel suicidal anymore. Everything is good about the medicine for me emotionally except I feel so tired and wanted to sleep all day and don't want to work. The med made me so tired all day. I can sleep 18 hours everyday and still feel very tired and sluggish. Now I don't even have the mode to go to work. I think my boss is going to fire me very soon. -.- I am in trouble again. I don't know what to do except wait for the next appointment to see my psychiatrist on Wednesday. Today I have work and I don't have the energy to go to work today.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

What time do you take it? If it's making you sleepy during the day it may be a good idea to take it at night.

3. I am already taking the medicine at 10pm before bedtime. I cannot wake up at all in the morning. I am soooo tired and heavy. It's lethargic feeling.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

How long have you been taking the sertraline? It may be a side effect that calms down. Personally when I took sertraline it gave me insomnia so I had to take it in the morning.

5. Since I am admitted into the hospital psychiatric ward on suicide watch. I think almost 10 days already. It's only 75mg and it's making me so tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.