Dyeing hair blonde?

I started thinking about coloring my hair blonde. I had it colored brown months ago. I've been letting my roots grow out so it's black and brown. I thought about coloring it blonde because I wonder if I'll feel more confident and act more bubbly. Although I do not know if it'll look right with my skin tone. I have dark skin.

Deety

SF Supporter
Go for it, you can always dye it back if you don't like it! I don't tend to change my hair frequently, but when I do it's always a nice to feel a bit different :)

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Go for it! As @Deety says, you can always dye it darker again if you don't like it. I change my hair colour as often as I change my clothes. Over the last 12 months it's been dark brown, white, red, back to white again, pink, mauve and currently silver. Luckily it's quite short or it probably would have fallen out by now! I love changing my hair colour, it gives me a happiness boost, even if only for a few days :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have baby blonde hair(dyed) but I'm a natural blonde too. Try it :) To be honest it sounds weird that your hair colour can affect your personality but it seems to for me, it helps my confidence, I have been told it is my best physical feature. What length is your hair? Mine is extremely long naturally and very thick, most people think its extensions, totally go for it, if you don't like it you can always change it but certainly go ahead and give it a try.

I have baby blonde hair(dyed) but I'm a natural blonde too. Try it :) To be honest it sounds weird that your hair colour can affect your personality but it seems to for me, it helps my confidence, I have been told it is my best physical feature. What length is your hair? Mine is extremely long naturally and very thick, most people think its extensions, totally go for it, if you don't like it you can always change it but certainly go ahead and give it a try.
Mine is naturally long and thick. Although I had got it cut a while back so it's still growing. It's about shoulder length now.

It’s down to what you would like to do with your hair. I’m brunette naturally and I had mine blonde for a while. Whilst I absolutely loved being blonde over time the peroxide did pretty much kill my hair and had to go back to brown so I could grow out the damage x

MarkahMalady

If you've colored it dark recently, it can be hard to get an even lift. I had mine darkish for a year or two, so now I'm dealing with light roots until it gets evened out. :/ if you really want a *fresh* color, you might have to seek professional assistance ($$$) which I typically avoid (because $$$)

But yeah, let's go blonde for spring! :D

middlerose

I started thinking about coloring my hair blonde. I had it colored brown months ago. I've been letting my roots grow out so it's black and brown. I thought about coloring it blonde because I wonder if I'll feel more confident and act more bubbly. Although I do not know if it'll look right with my skin tone. I have dark skin.
I dye my hair constantly always taking risks but I always keep a color I'm comfortable with on hand...that way if I'm unhappy with the new venture I can dye it back..take the chance..have fun with it..good luck

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00