Dysthymic Disorder/Chronic depression.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Vodnavila, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vodnavila

Vodnavila Banned Member

Hi, I joined this site around June last year but I rarely use the forum, I mainly use the chat room, probably because I feel as if I'm bad at contributing in a thread way. Yesterday I was discharged from hospital after spending almost 6 week there and also diagnosed with dysthymic and body disporphic traits.

I looked up on the internet about depression before, but never delved into this area, I looked things up such as personality disorders, avoidant and borderline before, but I wasn't convinced.

Dysthymic is where you are sad in sometime of the day for at least 2 years apparently and through my life I know I've had episodes of major depression, 2009 and 2013 overdoses, it's starting to make sense to me.

I kept thinking if I was sociable or a loner, because I can talk to people in groups if needed, but I liked to be away from people a lot, I could function a little bit in my own company but if anything else was in the frame I would lose a little of my good mood, and with this disorder, being low to start with put me in a hard situation, struggling to function more and if a bad life event went on this is where more harm came to my self.

I lost myself and sight of reality, I found it a little strange having women around me in the hospital talking about simple things like nail varnish, my brain finds it hard to register this as perfectly normal sometimes but it was helpful.

I'm not sure what else to type at this minute, but if anyone else wishes for help or wants to ask me something they think may be related, I'll try my best to help and I hope to add more things I think of in time.

How I was admitted, I was hanging around a bridge at the time and eventually a police car found me tucked away in a corner and they asked me where I wanted to go, I said to the hospital, I refused to go home, knowing the same thing would happen, the crisis team came to see me and asked where would I go, I said back to my bridge and this is where I was taken to a proper ward.

I feel on the line stating a bridge, but it seems to be of significance and I hope you can get help like me to see things more clearly before this happens. much love to all.

2. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

are you getting aftercare help now? my problem is i go to the hospital and then insurance doesn't cover any aftercare programs and i lose my will again. i can be fine in groups [altho that's waning], used to be full of life, jokester type, throw parties, but not so much anymore. actually don't leave the house any more. 3 years of an ongoing depression. 2 hospitalizations. losing hope, so that's why i wondered if you have had follow-up or aftercare treatment.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you got some help in hospital and that you are reaching out here hun If you feel you are getting confused you talk to us ok we will help you hugs

4. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

ok, will try. just not much will to push on anymore. feel the system's against me getting treatment. sleeping a lot to avoid. it's all just so overwhelming.

5. Vodnavila

Vodnavila Banned Member

I will be getting aftercare, I don't know if I would be able to carry on if I weren't, I've had such a difficult day, but I still I have to wait a few more days to see my social worker and I'll be having talking therapy according to the doctors, keep going Annie and I wish you much help and sending love to try and get you through any episodes you have.

6. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

thx all. don't want to take over your thread, Vodnavila, but yes i am experiencing some regression. i'm very overwhelmed, yet still happy you're going to get aftercare. seems people in the UK fare better in that aspect than the backward USA's regard for mental health. thx for sending your love and thoughts.

:icecreamcone:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.