Eating Disorder..?!?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lostintheworld, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostintheworld

lostintheworld New Member

Hi,

This is my first post here and am hoping for a little advice..

Ever since I can remember, even as a child, I have been underweight. It is only recently at 25 yo that I am beginning to feel that there is something deeper going on.

I have never been one to eat large meals, and generally dislike eating around others - eating at different times to my family or not at all (saying I've eaten earlier in the day or I'm not hungry). As a child I can remember not wanting to eat meat if it had fat on it, or bolognese because there were visible pieces of onion in it.. Now, I am also quite picky at what I do eat, as I don't want to gain weight or have it cause other issues as a result e.g diabetes, high blood pressure etc. Today all I have had is a banana and a bowl of porridge, washed down with cups of tea.. I can do this for a number of days before my body tells me I need to start eating properly - which I manage for a couple of days, but then return to the lower intake diet.

I really feel like I need some help as what Im doing to my body is not healthy..

Thank you for reading xx

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Get yourself a physical checkup there might be more damage you're doing to your body eating like this.

I'm overweight but because I've not been eating my bones have become brittle and my heart is low some time and high other times. I don't feel it but doctor tells me it's bad what I'm doing to my body.

3. lostintheworld

Thanks for the reply DrownedFish.. I will definitely book a check up - better to be safe than sorry.

I just find it hard to bring myself to eat some days, I feel like a complete wreck at the moment :confusion:

4. DrownedFishOnFire

I feel the same, hard to eat alot days and feel like crap when I eat something

5. lostintheworld

Same here, there are times I literally have to force myself to eat, as I feel I'm on the brink of passing out if I don't..

Do you seek any sort of help for your issue? (you don't have to answer)

6. DrownedFishOnFire

yes I'm getting help for it but theres only so much a Therapist can suggest for me. I just have to be the one that needs to follow through which I dont most days. I'm eating only because the family makes dinner and I have to sit and eat a meal.

I've gone 5 days without eating anything, 3 days is nothing but its harder and harder when family is around so I try to put up appearances that's it. Otherwise I'll be fasting all of the time

7. lostintheworld

I understand that, at least you follow through some days - you're making small steps.. Are you fasting as a way of trying to lose weight or control it?

8. DrownedFishOnFire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.