Eating problem

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Drekono, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

I have always had issues getting myself to eat. I have never enjoyed it. i see it as a chore that needs to be done to survive. I have been only eating around one meal a day for years now but in the past month and a half things have gotten really really bad. I have only been eating like 5 bites every other day. Any more then a few bites and i feel like im going to throw up. Just the thought of food makes me nauseous. I try to drink a lot of liquids cause i get heat stroke seriously easily but even water feels like its too harsh on my stomach. maybe i should just stop eating all together and wither away...

2. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

:hug: it sounds to me like your stomach has shrunk making it difficult for you to hold food down. I wonder if your issues with food are apathy and depression related. You have to keep eating dear even if it is tough, you can get though this and get better.

For now I’d recommend fenugreek tea, it is horribly bitter but it increases your appetite. Your best bet is to eat even if you are physically sick afterwards, the mere presence of food in your stomach will help it to expand. Take it slowly, no meals too large at first, or it will hurt. Please keep eating dear.

Stay safe and let us know how it goes.

Rose

3. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply, ima have to try something cause im tired of constantly feeling ill and like my stomach is eating itself. The fenugreek tea sounds interesting, i will see if i can find some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.